Carrying a flashlight during daylight

This is a discussion on Carrying a flashlight during daylight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always have a light with me...anything can happen...I'd rather have it and not need it......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a flashlight during daylight

I always have a light with me...anything can happen...I'd rather have it and not need it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
    I carry my E2D surefire all the time, clips into left front pocket. ...
    Have you had any problems where the end caps just quit working for you. I.e., not being able to turn the light on or off? My second one just failed on me and I am waiting for a 3rd tailcap from surefire. And I don't abuse the light.

I have a Surefire G2Z that goes with me just about everywhere. I also have a Garrity LED that I carry around. I wind up using that one the most since it uses cheap AAA batteries unlike the Surefire that uses the 123A's.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Let me see, today I had a Fenix L0D on my keychain, a Fenix L2D CE, a Fenix T1 and a Surefire 6P with my brand new Malkoff drop-in. I don't usually carry the Surefire as it is my AR light, but I just received the package from Mr. Malkoff on my way out the door and I wanted to play with it at work. The L0D is essentially my very bright keychain light, the L2D CE is my utility flashlight and the T1 is my tactical flashlight. I wear flashlights more than I do guns, because I can't wear guns all the time and everywhere. Flashlights make nice kubatons as well as having temporary blinding power.

I am a flashlightaholic and have always been amazed by how light works. I've had the power go out at work several times over the years giving me further reason to always carry. Plus if it is light outside, it may still be dark outside. What's even more, half of a 24 hour day the sun is on the far side of the planet.

When there is no light but the one in your hand, everyone else has no choice but to accept the fact that you literally have "the power". If the power went out in the mall for five minutes and there were no lights except mine, I could then die happy.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I for sure carry one ALL the time day or night. Reason is I was working in a building i was not familier with (an old school), had to go to the basement in order to find the D-Mark (phone stuff) and i kid you not, the power went out at least in the basement for whatever reason!

I was kinda freakin out because I couldn't see my hand in front of my face and had no real idea of the room layout like you would if it was your house or something. Broiler was down there, lot's of miscellanious school stuff, desks, etc, all over the place. I was praying I had my light with me, nope, couldn't be that smart or lucky. Back then i may or may not of had it with me, today i have it with me period.

Yes, i survived and no zombies where trying to get me but i was helpless without a light.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Yes, i survived and no zombies where trying to get me but i was helpless without a light.

Ti
    It's amazing how the mind can play tricks on you, especially in unfamiliar places.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

I carry a Brinkman Maxxfire in my long pocket in carpenter jeans or in a Galco light holder. I bought two duty gear light holders but they fit a Surefire or Stinger so I'm going to get a Cabela's Surefire knock-off.

You never know where you are going to need it. Lights go out in a building? Looking in nooks or crannies in your engine compartment? Messin' with Sasquatch?
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Have you had any problems where the end caps just quit working for you. I.e., not being able to turn the light on or off? My second one just failed on me and I am waiting for a 3rd tailcap from surefire. And I don't abuse the light.
    None at all, I have had it for about 6 months and I am always playing with it and blinding my self all the time
    It's been great!
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

I carry my E2D and have a 6P LED in my briefcase or rucksack...as I work in a darkened room without windows.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

For years I've carried a flashlight anytime I have my pants on. Used mine just a minute ago to look under the stove. I carry a Fenix L1T V2.0. It's small and light enough (runs off a single AA) to carry inconspicuously and comfortably on the belt and bright enough (90 lumens) to be a decent tactical light as well.

I carry my Tach Torch every day in the daylight or night time. It is always with me no matter what.

Why you ask? For one, I use it at work a good deal but I don't have to have a flashlight that is as bright as the Tach Torch is for work. I use it at work because I don't want to carry 2 flashlights.

For another reason, have you every been in a large store when the power went out? Stuck in a tunnel in traffic? Had to look into a dark space some time for something? I used it today to signal my wife where I and the kinds were inside a Costco store. We were at the back of the store and she was almost at the front of the store trying to figure out where we were. She saw the light blinking and knew immediately it was us.

There are many reasons why you should always have a flashlight with you. A good, bright one. I prefer the high output LED type myself but a good Xenon light is a good option too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I always carry a Gerber 1 AA LED in a pocket holster with my extra mag for my P3AT. When carrying my primary then I add my Cyclops.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Administrator
    There is a small LED attached with my keys that is with me whenever my keys are with me which is almost always.
    That is usually the only accessory light that I have with me in daylight just in case we have a surprise Solar Eclipse.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I carry a Garrity LED along w/my Gerber combo set. I work w/electronics most days and the light comes in very handy in tight spaces & in all lighting situations. I also have one in both my personal vehicles and my work truck.
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Mini-mag 2-aa with a LED conversion kit.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links