Carrying a flashlight during daylight - Page 3

Carrying a flashlight during daylight

This is a discussion on Carrying a flashlight during daylight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 4 surefires that I can mix and match based on the type of clothing Im wearing, where Im going, what Im doing, etc. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a flashlight during daylight

I have 4 surefires that I can mix and match based on the type of clothing Im wearing, where Im going, what Im doing, etc.

For my job with kids, I carry a G2. This way if one of the kids get ahold of it and drop it, I really dont care.

For my everyday EDC while in school, its the 6PL.

On security duty I carry the G3 as primary with the 6PL as backup.

Going out with friends (especially to bars) I carry the 6PD (the one with the striking end).

I love my lights.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    EDC includeds an extremely bright LED flashlight,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I just read on that ar sight that there is now a led head that will fit my e2d. This head and led lights are said to put out 220 lumens!!! for more than 2 hours. Compact and blinding i think this was a shot show rollout does anyone have one of these or have seen one. 220 lumens +2 hours .. WOW!! The head is $75.00 Im holding out to see if surefire makes this a factory option. That has to be the brightest compact light you can get. Anyone seen this??
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I just read on that ar sight that there is now a led head that will fit my e2d. This head and led lights are said to put out 220 lumens!!! for more than 2 hours. Compact and blinding i think this was a shot show rollout does anyone have one of these or have seen one. 220 lumens +2 hours .. WOW!! The head is $75.00 Im holding out to see if surefire makes this a factory option. That has to be the brightest compact light you can get. Anyone seen this??
    While I do not know exactly what you are referring to, I do know that there are some excellent drop in LED's for Surefires. I personally have the Malkoff drop in in my 6P. I don't know anything about LED heads though. I doubt it is made by Surefire. Just make sure that it is not some cheap Chinese crap (for that price, it shouldn't be). See if you can get more info.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Always carry a Surefire, inside or outside. You never know when the power grid can fail.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Always. I have carried a SureFire E2D (never would buy another or recommend that one to anyone)...
    Sorry to hear`that yours was trouble. My E2D has been nothing but stellar. I carry it everyday and use it regularly, often in the rain. Up here in the NW, winter days are mighty short.

I have dropped it on concrete, tile, wood, ice, and once in a 6 ft. snowbank, where it sat for almost an hour before I could find it and dig it out. I let it warm up in my jacket pocket for a few minutes and it fired up just fine. I added a small lanyard to the tailcap after that episode

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

GPS
    I always carry a small flashlight or two and have bigger ones for when the little ones are not enough. I investigate fires for a living and often find myself in boarded up burned buildings trying to see what happened. Even when trying to examine burned cars in the bright sunlight, I find myself having to use a flashlight to see things that are being shaded by items higher up that block the light.
    Cordially,
    GPS

Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

i used to have a great little one i always had with me. got it for free and worked awesome. now i lost it. ill have to find a new one
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quite only, yes, I carry a small flashlight. Old eyes, fine print, and dimly lit spaces all torment me.....LOl.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Always...

I leave home at 4:30AM most days... I carry a surefire 6PLED in a holster everywhere I go... it may be light outside, but if the power goes out, it can be pitch black on the inside. I have two flashlights in my car, one in my laptop bag, and one in my desk at work... but my 6PLED is still on my side just in case.

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I carry my Surefire6p everywhere even during the day. You never know when you might need a light and it makes a last ditch impact.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I'll carry my E2E when I know I'll be out after dark.

I should carry it during the day too.....I don't though. Go figure.

VIP Member
    I also carry a SureFire E2E all the time. It's helped me out more times than I can count!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Do you carry a firearm only when you know you'll need it?

-john

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links