Streamlight Nanolight review

This is a discussion on Streamlight Nanolight review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up one of these little guys at the recent SHOT Show. They are new for this year. On the left is my Surefire ...

Thread: Streamlight Nanolight review

VIP Member

Streamlight Nanolight review

I picked up one of these little guys at the recent SHOT Show. They are new for this year.

On the left is my Surefire E2E, the Nano is in the middle, and on the right is a generic LED keychain light.

The body is constructed of anodized aluminum, and it has a 100,000 hour life, high-intensity, 10 lumen LED. It is only available with a white light. It has an eight hour run time on four LR41 button cells. It comes with a snap hook.

It's an excellent light for its size. The output is bright and cool white, and perfect for short distances, as you can see in the picture:

It is a good light for those who don't want to carry around a lot of gear and who don't use a light much, or for those who want a little backup light. It's too small to use as a striking weapon, but the little booger wins in overall cuteness factor and ultra-compact brightness.

You should be able to pick one up for under $6.

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Looks very cool! I'd love to pick one up as a backup light, but I wouldn't want to depend on something that small for my primary light. Thanks for the review, I'll keep my eyes open for one :)

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    The comparison to the Surefire is, well, illuminating.

Do you know how expensive the batteries are?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    The comparison to the Surefire is, well, illuminating.

Do you know how expensive the batteries are?
    Maxell Batteries LR41 (192, AG3) Alkaline Button Size Battery, On Tear Strip

It's $.20 if you get 100. It takes 4, lasts up to 8 hours, which probably means 5 hrs. Great stocking stuffers for Xmas.

Lead Moderator
    Looks great, I was planning on posting a thread on my new streamlight micro stream. It is a AAA single battery LED light that seems to perform as well as my G2 Surefire, but at less than half the size.
    For a discrete carry , (I work plainclothes LP) it works great. Small enough to carry easily in a pant pocket , but really bright.
    Looks like you found another great little light Betty.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Looks like a winner, that is a lot of light in a little package. I have the slightly larger version, or another type of small flashlight, attached to the clip and in the pocket of each one of my SMF/carry vests, as I'm likely to have one on if I'm out anywhere. I think this was the light I looked at at a police supply in Austin recently, and if I'd known they put out this much light, I would have bought two or three. I thought they had them priced at 9.99 retail, maybe you got a SHOT Show special?
    What Would Gumby Do?

VIP Member
    Actually, I got mine for free after entering a prize contest at the Streamlight booth. You can usually find someone pricing them under MSRP, so I did a quick Google and found a vendor selling them for $5.99.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Moderator
    They Look like great Lights Betty,

I might get one and carry a light Everyday.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I picked up one of these little guys at the recent SHOT Show. They are new for this year.

On the left is my Surefire E2E, the Nano is in the middle, and on the right is a generic LED keychain light.

The body is constructed of anodized aluminum, and it has a 100,000 hour life, high-intensity, 10 lumen LED. It is only available with a white light. It has an eight hour run time on four LR41 button cells. It comes with a snap hook.

It's an excellent light for its size. The output is bright and cool white, and perfect for short distances, as you can see in the picture:

It is a good light for those who don't want to carry around a lot of gear and who don't use a light much, or for those who want a little backup light. It's too small to use as a striking weapon, but the little booger wins in overall cuteness factor and ultra-compact brightness.

You should be able to pick one up for under $6.

Thanks Betty, great review heads up. Found a site that has it and found another stream light their Keychain light the same specs except an inch longer and 96 hour run time. The wife opted for that one since she will have it in her purse she would rather have the extended battery life. I am getting the Nano on your recommendation as it will be in my pocket
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Quonset Hut View Post
    Maxell Batteries LR41 (192, AG3) Alkaline Button Size Battery, On Tear Strip

It's $.20 if you get 100. It takes 4, lasts up to 8 hours, which probably means 5 hrs. Great stocking stuffers for Xmas.
    Are these batteries the same as inside a AA when taken apart?

Nice review Betty
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Links