Two-Gun cases.

This is a discussion on Two-Gun cases. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the future I will be traveling with 2 guns to an IDPA match up there in the Carolinas via plane. I will be taking ...

Thread: Two-Gun cases.

VIP Member

Two-Gun cases.

In the future I will be traveling with 2 guns to an IDPA match up there in the Carolinas via plane. I will be taking 2 guns (regular plus a back up) but since airline requires to have all guns in ONE case, I did a search for airline approved cases and came up with two nicely priced cases.

ADG Sports 31036 - Two Pistol Aluminum Range Case

SportLock 00002 - AluminumLock Double Pistol Case

Both cost the same so I am wondering if anybody has them and can give recommnedations about one or the other or both.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Get at minimum a case that will hold four guns, you may not need it now, but you'll probably need it later, I thought about the two gun thing, but most commonly I've got 4 or 5 stuffed in there...

Edited to add, the larger case will also store mags, knives, etc. more easily than the 2 gun case.

I have one of these that I just stick in my luggage, it's a good case, but I don't care for the camo...
    ADG Sports

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Get at minimum a case that will hold four guns, you may not need it now, but you'll probably need it later, I thought about the two gun thing, but most commonly I've got 4 or 5 stuffed in there...

Edited to add, the larger case will also store mags, knives, etc. more easily than the 2 gun case.

I have one of these that I just stick in my luggage, it's a good case, but I don't care for the camo...
    ADG Sports
    I agree!

I have one that will hold an AR & all the accessories. When traveling with just handguns, it has room for all sorts of extras & has wheels so you don't have to carry it. Plus it doesn't scream....GUN CASE!

Just to be sure it isn't notice, I cover it with an old sea bag (duffel bag to you land lubbers & grunts)....After I pick it up from baggage claim, I take the sea bag off & roll it away.

Inside the case I have riveted pad lock hasps to run cable lock thru the firearms & attach to the case. That way if the case is opened, you aren't getting the firearms with out taking the whole thing.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Heck of a loss if someone sees a gun case with several nice guns...happens all the time.

Only a consideration, but don't some airline rules limit the number of weapons and the amount of ammo...

I would certainly be making some phone calls...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Heck of a loss if someone sees a gun case with several nice guns...happens all the time.

Only a consideration, but don't some airline rules limit the number of weapons and the amount of ammo...

I would certainly be making some phone calls...
    There's plenty of subject matter on that topic elsewhere on the forum, IIRC there's a thread on it in the reference section.

IIRC, we were limited to 4 or 5? and only 10 rounds total could be in baggage and it does vary with airline.

I'll see if I can find the thread I'm thinking of...

ETA: Here it is: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...travel-cc.html

VIP Member
    As per Delta, you can take up to 5 guns in ONE case and 13 pounds of ammunition.
    And thanks for the responses.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links