Covered Holster for Inside Purse

This is a discussion on Covered Holster for Inside Purse within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wifey is looking for a small preferably nylon holster for her Bersa T380 to fit inside her purse. She doesn't want an actual concealment ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covered Holster for Inside Purse

Covered Holster for Inside Purse

The wifey is looking for a small preferably nylon holster for her Bersa T380 to fit inside her purse. She doesn't want an actual concealment purse, but a "holster/case" to go inside it.

She knows what she wants but is having a very hard time finding anything that fits her requirements. I've wracked my poor brain to find something with no luck.

Here are her requirements they are as she dictates them to me.........honey your up:

1. Has to be soft nylon, kinda like spandex material
    2. the guns has to fit fully in the holder so the material fits it like a glove.
    3. MUST HAVE a flap that folds over the butt of the gun to enclose it inside and be attached by velcro
    4. This contraption is basically to cover the gun fully while it's in my (her) purse to protect it from other items in her purse. (like make-up......and the kitchen sink type stuff.) - me adding in

I tried unsucessfully with a Desanti Pocket holster, but I missed the mark. "old style" military holsters are close but tooo big and the grip hangs out. Pistol rugs are close, but too bulky.

See my...."our" dilemma?

Any help in suggesting what may work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

2. Remove Ads

With all her requirements, I hope she never need to get to her weapon quickly, or hope at least the bad guy is willing to wait a bit so she can defend herself....

Only thing that comes to mind right away is the Wilderness Safepacker

We have 2 of them and they work well. My wife carries hers in her purse quite often. The draw takes a little work but if you train it'll come to you.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Amen to Mad Dog! How many movements does it take to draw from a purse with a Safepacker? Why not a concealed carry purse for quick access? My G/F has one from Coronado Leather, absolutely top shelf. Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cupsz71 View Post
    Here are her requirements they are as she dictates them to me.........honey your up:

1. Has to be soft nylon, kinda like spandex material
    2. the guns has to fit fully in the holder so the material fits it like a glove.
    3. MUST HAVE a flap that folds over the butt of the gun to enclose it inside and be attached by velcro
    4. This contraption is basically to cover the gun fully while it's in my (her) purse to protect it from other items in her purse. (like make-up......and the kitchen sink type stuff.) - me adding in

Any help in suggesting what may work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all
    From the information you have given, I am confused as to what she wants. Does she want something merely to protect and conceal the pistol while inside here purse, or does she want a holster that she can draw from with the holster remaining inside her purse.

1. For merely a concealer and protector in her purse, she might consider an inexpensive Uncle Mike's IWB holster. I bought one and removed the clip so that I could use the holster as a container inside of my briefcase. It keeps my XD 40 SC concealed rather well when the brief case is open.

2. For a holster inside the purse from which she can draw, it obviously will need to be one that will remain inside the purse without pulling out partially or completely when the pistol is drawn. That means one that will either be clipped or velcroed inside the purse. I have only seen a few options that fit in this category, and have found none that really fit the bill. If she has any sewing skills, it seems that she could make one using the materials that she has prescribed, and then use velcro on the exterior of the holster to affix it to the interior of the purse.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    With all her requirements, I hope she never need to get to her weapon quickly, or hope at least the bad guy is willing to wait a bit so she can defend herself....
    Now you understand my dilemma. THis is just the 1st round.

IMHP she wants to be safe, but also be responsible for making sure the firearm is in working order if/when she needs it.....by protecting it as best she can. She's having a hard time it seems between the particulars of carrying the gun vs. defending herself by actually being able to GET to the gun ro use it.

She's been letting me use her Bersa lately as a CCW, and I have had good success with the Desanti Pocket Holster I picked up for use with my leather coat. (I ran into complications with the abiliy to successfully conceal my 92FS and have thus "retired" it to IPSC matchs - another story) - thus I'm in the process of paying off a new XD9sc on layaway for myself as it's replacement. So I need to get her set with what she feels she needs when she completes her CC permit qualifications.

There are literally tons of decent concealment holsters/purses/cases out there.....I'm just trying to get her to understand that nessesary "compromises" in design is sometimes required to ensure a reasonable level of safety. But without off-handedly dismissing her fear that her gun won't work when needed because of what "might" have gotten it dirty from only being inside her purse.

Don't get me wrong, I luv this woman to death and I see both sides of what she looking at. But the gap in her ideas of what she wants and what she actually needs is pretty big right now. I posted with her requirement to get the much needed feedback I've come to respect from the members of this forum.

My hope is to narrow the options for her, and "discuss" those earlier mentioned compromises with positive results. And I should mention that at this point a "custom" job is not out of the question, but price is a consideration with any of our choices.

Again, I thankyou all for any help you can offer.
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS

I have a buddy that uses strong magnets to attach his firearm to his bed..... I bet you could install magnets inside the purse by sewing them on the inside. This would hold the firearm in place so it's always in the same place, at least it would be eaiser to draw. Thats my idea, im not sure how practicle it is. Hopefully you can debate with her and find out what will work best.

Check them out: Quick Draw Gun Magnets

A gun floating loose in the typical woman's purse, inside a bag or whatever, is disaster. First she must open the purse, sort through who knows what, remove the bagged gun, now with two hands, open the bag, secure a proper grip, drop the bag, and get into a firing stance. Tell her she's already dead or raped. Please check out Coronado Leather. The purse can be over her left shoulder, zipper discretely opened, and with her arms crossed, she can have her right hand holding the gun, ready to draw.

Good luck!
    Tracy

Now you understand my dilemma. THis is just the 1st round.

IMHP she wants to be safe, but also be responsible for making sure the firearm is in working order if/when she needs it.....by protecting it as best she can. She's having a hard time it seems between the particulars of carrying the gun vs. defending herself by actually being able to GET to the gun ro use it.
    I sympathize with your problem, but your goal has GOT to be to convince your wife that wanting to carry in the method she is describing is a terrible idea. At the least, she's probably only going to end up arming the BG who attacks her and takes her purse away while she's still fumbling with it.

I would suggest doing some drills with her in the back yard. Get a toy gun and have her conceal it in her purse as she wants. You could use a cheap zippered cosmetics case to simulate the type of "holster" she is looking for as she probably has one of those laying around. Start out 10 to 20 yards from her and have her try to bring her weapon to bear before you can reach her. I'm old, fat and smoke and I guarantee you that from 10 yards I could reach her before she could get her firearm from the contraption you describe. Hopefully, after proving to her that she can't bring her firearm into play quickly enough, she'll relent and choose a good carry purse or even better, some type of on-body carry.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Senior Moderator
    With my wife I would have to use Hoss method. I have to prove my point to her. Because I don't know what I am talking about and when I prove my point I still don't know what I am talking about.

I think you might just try to time her, and give her time to think about it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife purse carries.She has several that will go over her shoulder with straps short enough to keep the purse between her upper arm and her body.Her purses have a pocket just large enough for the S&W airweight,with a large fob on the zipper.A lot of people do not like purse carry but it is amazing how fast she can produce this gun.I know a man that carries a regular .38 inside his boot.And he can make it appear in a flash.I believe you have to find what works for you.

There are a couple of things your wife needs to understand.
    A. pistols should 'never' be carried in the same pocket with other items, for safety.
    B. A pistol is not a fashion accesory, it is a tool for survival.

That being said, If she insist on carrying in her purse (not a good Idea) she should get a purse made for concealed carry or one with more then one pocket with one pocket dedicated to the gun.

Round 2 (ding ding)

Lots of great ideas and comments. But this issue is being carefully put on the "back burner" for now.

Thanks
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS

She didn't like our answers, huh?

Round 2 (ding ding)

Lots of great ideas and comments. But this issue is being carefully put on the "back burner" for now.

Thanks
    Well good luck with next round! I know how that can be
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links