Defensive Carry banner

Best Camo Pattern and Where to Buy...

9K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  bobcat35 
#1 ·
I have two questions:

1. What's the "best" camo pattern (marpat, multicam, ACU, etc.)?

2. Where can a full range of vests, pouches, holsters, uniforms, etc. with this pattern be purchased? For instance, even Blackhawk seems to have little in the way of marpat.

Thanks.

Mel

#2 ·
Best in genearl or for a specfic area?

Woodland, grassland, wetland. Southeastern Woodland, RockyMountain West Woodland

What exactly are you looking for?

#7 ·
Well, generic woodland isn't a bad choice, then... ;)

Seriously, there is so much good surplus stuff out there in the old BDU woodland pattern, you should be able to find anything you need. Also, since it is no longer standard, places are having "clearance sales" on many things in that pattern.

Another option is Olive Drab - you can find many things in OD, it's a functional camo color in many environments, and it's easy to "modify" with other colors, burlap, and so on.

#8 ·
+1 with OD

Any good earth tones and keeping your movement to a minimal will render you pratically invisible to most people

#14 ·
Camoflauge

Work boots or generic-brand sneakers, worn jeans, and a dull, loosely-fitted, solid-color (pocket optional) T-shirt. Ball cap optional, windbreaker or light denim jacket if it's cool out. Grey Man disappears even on an empty street.
I live in the city, so anything camo-patterned vies with Neon signage for conspicuity (is that a word?:scruntiny:).

I realise you're probably not talking about what to wear for your next trip to Target, but I just wanted to remind everyone to think of the obvious - "Camoflage" is more than fabric patterns; it's an overall pattern of appearance.

I now return you to your previous channel, and apologise for the momentary hi-jacking.:blackeye:

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.

#16 · (Edited)
ACU is great if you are in a place that is all blue and grey. Like if you are in the sky. Or possibly in a very wet and snowy frozen river. I love joking with the Army guys about their blue and grey cammies...

Austin

edited to add: as far as multicam vs marpat - which kind of marpat? woodland or desert? The reason I like the multicam is that it does pretty well everywhere. Woodland marpat is good if you are in shadows a lot, and in very green places. Desert marpat is really only good in a dry desert - even then it is so-so. Still looks good around base though....and I never hide from anything! The scout snipers add camo to their cammies - that stuff works great.

#17 ·
I can't say what would be the best camo pattern, it would depend on your situation and surroundings. I would recommend looking at OPSGEAR.

They have a wide variety of vests and pouches and every patter from woodland to the newest multicam.

#21 ·
nature. the best way to hide is to carry out a bit of old desert camo net to put over yourself and your gear and cover it in falen leaves andd whatever else is available to break up your outline. done right someone can walk withing 2 meters of you without ever knowing your there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.