LBV's etc

This is a discussion on LBV's etc within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seeing as we are all (predictably) a tad heightened in our thinking on survival aspects etc ..... made me remember something I bought off a ...

Thread: LBV's etc

Assistant Administrator

LBV's etc

Seeing as we are all (predictably) a tad heightened in our thinking on survival aspects etc ..... made me remember something I bought off a guy three years ago - at least. He was selling an Eagle IIRC, LBV - no pic right now.

I only got it cos he was keen to sell, trying to raise some funds and thought that actually I'd not make much use of it. I am thinking different now and tho it is a medium and I'd prefer large - by adjusting straps it does fit tho when on it feels a bit restrictive.

Plus points tho are - three each side good sized mag' pouches - will take 30 round AK mag's. Each side also has good size top pockets.

Back has velcro panels to spare and two rows of loops suitable for 12G rounds. It has also got some ''D'' rings in useful places so you can add extra webbing and more gear.

I now look on this as less of a white elephant thatn I once did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Better take a pic - easier to see then. Only front view but gives some idea. More I look at it and despite not being the most comfortable item of dress I have - it does have more appeal than once!!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Nifty. I'm about like you P95. I see the appeal of a thing like that but don't buy one because I don't know what I'd do with it.

neat do they make that in Fat boy size?

Lead Moderator
    I have 1 very similar. Works great for ammo carrying and walk shoot senarios we do on the range. Mine has pistol mag pouches above the AR mag pouches as well as a hydo carrier pouch too. I used to wear the mil. LBE. The vest is much more comfortable and conforms better to my body. Coupled with a pistol belt and drop leg holster it works great.
    Last edited by rocky; September 9th, 2005 at 11:07 PM.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - Bud - ''Fat Boy'' size - I am sure they do

Hey - I know you said or implied you were ''large'' but - you hiding something here LOL!

I am 6'.00" and 200 with 44 chest - so not small but I can squeeze into more than some folks my age!
    Chris - P95

I've got a very similar rig, but I'm not sure I could wear it now, since I've gained some weight. Mine has a crossdraw holster for a 45 or a Beretta built in. I also bought a vest (Level IIIA) off a buddy who got out of the service and declared HIS GPLD (Government Property Lost or Destroyed) It still fits, not sure where I'd wear it, but I'm always looking to acquire items the government expresses an interest in banning.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    yup, got some body armor too. Tryed some old panels , that were beyond expiration date. staill stopped a .40 S&W. Fun shooting diffrent things. We shot a level III mil. vest. stopped all but 6 shot(in the same hole from a .44 mag.) and rifle rounds.

Ohh im pushing 6'00" about 294 Right now so its got to be fat boy size

Assistant Administrator
    Hey Bud, 294 ain't that bad dude - just XXL
    Chris - P95

naw thats a XXXL to carry comfortably biggest ive ever been and i feel it and am trying to get rid of it

Senior Moderator
    A vest is a good thing. Preposition the essentials in it and just grab it when you need it.

Personally, I like the BlackHawk Crossdraw.

Good for SHTF scenarios or whatever. It needs to have the CamelBack pouch for water in the back. Its easier to carry water that way, even though you can rig some canteens on it. It can carry 6 AR mags, pistol,2 mags, and various other things.

One of my buddies (the only other person I know here at Luke that actually thinks about these things) has a really nice LBV in his Zombie Kit. (BTW, that's what he calls his SHTF gear.) I keep looking at them myself, but I can't justify the price just yet, especially considering the fact that I don't have a rifle just yet.

A1C Lickey

Links