Check-Out New LaserMax

This is a discussion on Check-Out New LaserMax within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LaserMax: Internal Laser Sight for GLOCK 19, GLOCK 23, GLOCK 32 This looks decent so far. Higher up so you can't unintentionally cover the laser ...

Thread: Check-Out New LaserMax

Question Check-Out New LaserMax

LaserMax: Internal Laser Sight for GLOCK 19, GLOCK 23, GLOCK 32
    This looks decent so far. Higher up so you can't unintentionally cover the laser with your finger. Looking at it closer it might affect some holsters in the top front but slightly hitting the leather. It's also cheaper I saw an add in a gun mag (forgot which one) for $150 bucks. Let me know what you guys thinks.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

I have had a LaserMax for a G23 (replaced with a CT) that I use for training problem shooters. I don't like it because I shoot thumbs forward and always wind up turning it off. I have no experience with the LM J frame model.

I do know, from personal dealings, that Crimson Traces customer service is far superior to LaserMax. If were talking lasers for a J frame I am going with a CT-105 when I get the green for it.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Can you install this your self? LaserMax: Internal Laser Sight for GLOCK 19, GLOCK 23, GLOCK 32
    Or do you need to hand your weapon on for service?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniella View Post
    Can you install this your self? LaserMax: Internal Laser Sight for GLOCK 19, GLOCK 23, GLOCK 32
    In most weapons the laser replaces the guide rod, that is the easy part. The "on button" usually replaces something like the takedown lever, that can be the harder part. Usually you get instructions and it is usually owner installable.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Daniella View Post
    I am a Glock Armorer and I find it to be easily installed by the end user. The directions are very easy to follow, any problems and we can walk you through it.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

From the looks you can do this replacement yourself. Just remove your current grips, then replace those with the supplied Lasermax ones. As for the highest part it looks like you remove 2 of the screws from the side of a concealed hammer J frame then use those holes to attach the laser with the longer supplied screws. It seems to be much closer to bore aligned then CT and being higher your finger will never cover the beam. They're turned on/off by the thumb. Natchez is the catalog where I saw them for $149 by the way.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

So where does a fellow get ahold of one of these Natchez catalouges where they're listed for $150? They're like $250-$300 everywhere else..! Man I want one of these big time, but I just can't justify spending 3/4 of the cost of my G19 in the first place on a laser for it.
    .40 is fine.

Here's the $150 page

Natchez Shooters Supplies - Laser Max Products - SIDE MOUNT LASER RDBUT-EXP/SHRDHMR

The fully enclosed models are $185 but the exposed/shrouded hammer models are $150. I'm pretty sure they have a link where you can order with a credit card online, and another link to have the catalog mailed to you.

Ohhh... I thought we were talking about the ones that replace the guide rod, I think those are way cool, but cost a ton! Does anybody know if one of a G19 with one of these laser grips would still fit in a Crossbreed Supertuck?
    .40 is fine.

Links