GLOCK Saf-T-Blok Safety block

GLOCK Saf-T-Blok Safety block

This is a discussion on GLOCK Saf-T-Blok Safety block within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just for the forum searchable record & in case anybody has not heard of one of these yet. It's a perfectly molded piece of plastic ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK Saf-T-Blok Safety block

Administrator

Post GLOCK Saf-T-Blok Safety block

Just for the forum searchable record & in case anybody has not heard of one of these yet.
    It's a perfectly molded piece of plastic that slips in behind the GLOCK triggers making it impossible to pull the trigger. Of Course you'll need to remember to "pop it out" with your index finger before you shoot your weapon.
    No moving parts. They work.
    I personally never saw the need for one but, those forum members that are not "Comfy Cozy" with the Glock due to its lack of any external safety might want to buy one or two or three. They are inexpensive.

CLICK HERE TO ND WITH YOUR CLOCK - Click HERE to Go To Saf-T-Blok

Then you can ALSO buy the LOCKING Saf-T-Blok
    Last edited by QKShooter; September 19th, 2005 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Whoops! Forgot To Add One Photo! Sorry.

Assistant Administrator
    Good for ''in house'' security maybe but - sure wouldn't want to have that on a carry piece!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    I like the idea. Especially in black instead of red. Easy to push out and if someone else were to get your gun it might slow em down.

JT
    My personal view is if you want a gun with a manual safety, donít buy a Glock. Kind of like people who carry a 1911 with a round in the chamber and the hammer down. If you're not comfortable with the way it is designed to be carried, there are plenty of other options out there.

But thatís just my opinion.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Administrator

Jt

I honestly don't see any safety issues at all with GLOCK firearms.
    I really don't understand why some shooters are "iffy" about Glocks since they are really no different than carrying a DA Revolver with all cylinder holes full.
    I don't really want to begrudge anybody adding a safety device if they think one might help them feel better about their carry firearm.
    I think that keeping the Ol' finger out of the trigger guard & off the trigger makes the Glock exactly as safe as any other firearm.

The only real positive advantage I can see (for myself) to a SaftyBlock might be in a possible Gun Grab situation.
    I am not likely to ever lose control of my carry weapon though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I see exactly one use for this possibly two.

#1. The "under the car seat" scenario.

#2. Would this little thing count as a trigger lock for those poor people in PRK? It looks like it'd be way faster to remove than those regular old abominable locks. Looks like all you have to do is push it out.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    I honestly don't see any safety issues at all with GLOCK firearms.
    I really don't understand why some shooters are "iffy" about Glocks since they are really no different than carrying a DA Revolver with all cylinder holes full..
    agreed
    I don't really want to begrudge anybody adding a safety device if they think one might help them feel better about their carry firearm.
    I don't either, I just don't see the need for it, and think that if someone wants a manual safety, they would probably be happier with a gun that has one built in, rather than adding a piece of plastic behind the trigger on a Glock.

I would think that it would be a pain to train with, popping that thing out on the floor. I wonder how many ďpopsĒ it is good or.
    I think that keeping the Ol' finger out of the trigger guard & off the trigger makes the Glock exactly as safe as any other firearm.
    agreed
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

I would NEVER use or recommend something like this for a carry gun although I guess it'd be okay for people who have to keep their gun locked up.
    Others have made good points: 1) if you want an active safety, don't buy a Glock. 2) Glocks aren't much different in the practical sense than DA revolvers and we don't hear lots of people gripping about those. and, 3) Keep your D$#* finger off the trigger if you're not going to shoot something

The third point is where I have issues with this device when talking about using it on a carry gun. If I'm in a situation where I've had to draw my weapon, I'm not putting my finger on the trigger until/unless I have to shoot. I definately don't want to be trying to "pop" this thing out from behind the trigger, thereby putting my finger on/near the trigger in a high-stress situation. To me that just leaves too much room for Mr. Murphy to make an appearance.

just my $0.02.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

JT
    Good point. It's makes for bad placement of the saftey.

Senior Moderator
    It seems that there is enough evidence to indicate that there are some safety issues with Glocks. The issue seems to lie in the rather sensitive trigger. Glocks have a relatively short, light trigger pull; IIRC the trigger stroke is about 3/8" with about 5# of force. By comparison, a revolver trigger has probably at least a 3/4" stroke, and 8 or more pounds of force. I can't say what the implications of this are but I'm reading more and more that Glock owners treat their Glock differently than other guns.

For example in a thread, a guy asked if he would be ok carrying a loaded Glock in his pocket. Most, if not all, advised against it, as I suspect most of use would agree. But, we often carry snubbies in our pockets without giving it a second thought.

JT
    I do not carry a snub nose revolver in my pocket with out a holster.

I might, if I heard some noise outside, slip it in my coat pocket with my hand around it, but I would do the same with a Glock.

I never actually carry a handgun without a holster around it. So, no I do not treat my Glocks differently.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    The third point is where I have issues with this device when talking about using it on a carry gun. If I'm in a situation where I've had to draw my weapon, I'm not putting my finger on the trigger until/unless I have to shoot. I definately don't want to be trying to "pop" this thing out from behind the trigger, thereby putting my finger on/near the trigger in a high-stress situation. To me that just leaves too much room for Mr. Murphy to make an appearance.

just my $0.02.
    My thoughts exactly- not a good idea. Know the gun you are using. Don't make things too complicated.

The best solution would be to...

...go out and buy one and then sign up for Gabe Suarez Interactive Gunfighting class and use it in class with one of his airsoft Glock clones. Then decide if you want it.
    Last edited by grnzbra; September 21st, 2005 at 09:39 AM.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

JT
    Personally, I donít need to. I have shot many handguns with manual safeties, so I donít need to try out an aftermarket plug in one to figure out that I donít need or want it.

And as for Suarezís training class, I wouldnít mind taking one to improve my skills, but my live fire practice is more than adequate at putting equipment to the test.

Yet Another Answer for the never asked question .. kind of like the add on manual safety for the glocks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links