Spitfire Pepper Spray Michigan Formula

This is a discussion on Spitfire Pepper Spray Michigan Formula within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Spitfire pepper spray comany now has a Michigan approved formula. You can get it at Spitfire, LTD. Self-defense pepper spray device against attacks, crime, mugging ...

Thread: Spitfire Pepper Spray Michigan Formula

Spitfire pepper spray comany now has a Michigan approved formula. You can get it at Spitfire, LTD. Self-defense pepper spray device against attacks, crime, mugging orcall 1-800 Spitfire.

Ok, I'll bite...why would Michigan require a special formula?
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

I have no idea. Its stupid. I can carry a loaded gun in MI but I cant have more than 2% OC. What else is stupid is the Percent of OC has nothing to do with the pungency of the spray. Its the Capsaicinoids in the formula and the Michigan approved sprays are just as strong except they wear off quicker.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    No stun guns or tazers either.

No stun guns, tazers and regulated OC???? That's sad...Michigan women must be easy prey.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

May I ask what makes this better than current sprays? Specifically Fox Labs spray which last I knew had the highest rating of all sprays on the scoville scale?

I need to learn to read. I see you have restrictions.
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZW17 View Post
    May I ask what makes this better than current sprays? Specifically Fox Labs spray which last I knew had the highest rating of all sprays on the scoville scale?

I need to learn to read. I see you have restrictions.
    The dispenser is what makes it better. It is good for someone who does not want to pack around a 2 ounce canister and it fires any direction plus has a child resistant safety.

I wouldn't want to carry a taser, State Police must not trust them either since they don't carry them; and, I don't care to trust my life to a spray. We also have a law I believe that we can't use a legal chemical spray on a person under 18 for any reason. We can use a gun against them if we're attacked and believe that our life is endanger or we're about to suffer great bodily harm. Woman I know carry a gun since they can kill the dirt bag for the above including attempted rape.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I wouldn't want to carry a taser, State Police must not trust them either since they don't carry them; and, I don't care to trust my life to a spray. We also have a law I believe that we can't use a legal chemical spray on a person under 18 for any reason. We can use a gun against them if we're attacked and believe that our life is endanger or we're about to suffer great bodily harm. Woman I know carry a gun since they can kill the dirt bag for the above including attempted rape.
    Of course you dont trust your life to a spray but most experts recommend you keep a less lethal to go along with your lethal. If I spray him and it distracts him long enough for me to get away then great! (this happens most of the time with a good OC spray). If it does not than I have more of a reason to up my level of force on the bad guy. Carrying a less lethal weapon does two things.
    1 It shows in court that you attempted to use less lethal force while defending yourself.
    2. It can prevent a situation from turning deadly. We have had offciers that used a Taser or OC spray and it kept their gun from being taken away from them.
    Pepper Spray is #@#hole repellent and your gun is your goblin killer (read this in concealed carry magazine). You cant use deadly force on someone unless your in grave fear of bodily harm. Everyone should keep some form of less lethal tool (OC Spray, Kubotan, Taser ETC). IF not you wind up like the guy in our town who shot an unarmed man who was beating him because the only thing he had was a gun. Now he is being charged with second degree murder. It worries me when people all together dismiss less lethal weapons. If you are serious about your personal defense plan you will know that it does not consist of just having deadly force. You must be able to protect yourself. Besides Tasers and OC spray are great for someone who is not comfortable using deadly force. Not everyone wants to pack a pistol with them and you cant carry in govt buildings. The spray gets you from the post office to your car or if you work in a weapons free zone (thank god I donít) it gets you to your car. I always carry a Spitfire Pepper Spray everywhere I go and we also velcroed a Spitfire by the front door next to the alarm keypad.

Links