Budget Shotgun Light

Budget Shotgun Light

This is a discussion on Budget Shotgun Light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, A light for my Mossberg has been on my shopping list for awhile. Thought maybe I'd use my tax refund I assumed I'd ...

Thread: Budget Shotgun Light

Budget Shotgun Light

Hey all,
    A light for my Mossberg has been on my shopping list for awhile. Thought maybe I'd use my tax refund I assumed I'd be getting to get something nice...
    However, the tax man has a different idea, due to a minor witholding error over the last year, so my expected refund turned into an unexpected debt to the Feds that's putting the crunch on me financially right now. But, I'd really like to get a light found, as I really want to use my Mossy as my go-to gun for bumps in the night instead of my G19 with handheld Inova light, but want to be able to see what's causing the bumps! So... What can anybody reccomend for a low-cost shotgun light setup, maybe in the $50 range? I know this is definately something where you generally get what you pay for, but I don't need a Surefire setup that'll live longer then I do, this is simply going to be something to sit by my bed unused for the most part, (hopefully forever!). So, it doesn't need to be able to hold up to 100's of rounds of buckshot or anything, but needs to stand up to 9 rounds when I *really* need it to, and be reliable and bright enough to be effective when the SHTF. Any thoughts? Thanks y'all.
    .40 is fine.

Duct tape and a maglite?
    I wired in a gazillion candlepower floodlight and a siren on a motion detector shining right down my hallway to the front door. I'm behind it, as are my spare bedrooms when the kids come home.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Duct tape and a maglite?
    Haha, was thinking slightly less "budget" then that, but it gets definate Git-R-Done points..! :-) Thinking something with a momentary on pressure pad.

I like the wired up motion detector light inside, tho, never thought of that..!
    .40 is fine.

On the ghetto-rigging point, I had a 10 watt LED flashlight attached to my old shotgun's barrel with a wooden spacer and hardware store hose clamp. It worked great, with the clamp tightened down properly the flashlight wouldn't budge out of alignment at all.

On a store-bought note...

A barrel-clamp light holder such as this:
    ATI SHOTGUN BARREL MAG LIGHT MOUNT W/ STUD FOR BENELLI - eBay (item 280207742946 end time Mar-14-08 1635 PDT)
    and a mini maglite such as this:
    Mag Lite Mini-Maglite AA Black Flashlight w Holster New - eBay (item 250224245046 end time Mar-16-08 17:53:16 PDT)
    With an LED upgrade and tailcap switch such as this:
    AA MINI MAGLITE LED UPGRADE BULB & TAIL CAP SWITCH NEW - eBay (item 280206975203 end time Mar-14-08 09:36:05 PDT)

Runs a collective total of $38.85 including shipping. I doubt you'll get much cheaper and still keep it looking store-bought and tacticool.

Another consideration maybe:
    WLS 1000 Compact Lite System

Hope thats helpful.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links