Larger mag for Glocks

This is a discussion on Larger mag for Glocks within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a larger mag for a Glock 26 to use at the range. Could somebody explain the Pre-ban situtation. Where can somebody ...

Thread: Larger mag for Glocks

Larger mag for Glocks

I am looking for a larger mag for a Glock 26 to use at the range. Could somebody explain the Pre-ban situtation. Where can somebody puchase used mags for the Glock. I believe here in NY the max number of rounds is 10. The local gun shop has a 17 and a 31 clip for sale but i am looking to a few bucks. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Mod 19 mags (15rnd) function perfectly in my Mod 26. You would have to check with some of the others from the Empire State as to the legality of the > 10 rnd mags.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Yes the G19 mags work fine in the G26, as should any of the Glock 9mm mags.
    I carry a G19 mag for a back up, when carry my G26. I figure if I need a reload, might as well have 15 rds too. I can conceal the mag easily.

You can get the grip extenders for the G19 10 round mags. You can get the 10 round mags optional just about anywhere. I'm not sure I follow you on the pre ban thing. The G26 factory already holds 10 rounds doesn't it? Pre ban magazine bodies were the rage during the ban period. New or used mags, current or pre-ban should run $15-20 each. So long as you don't get one marked law enforcement only, I don't see how anyone could tell the current from the pre bans.
    Well, that's out of the question anyway.
    We CAN NOT ship High Capacity Magazines to California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Massachusetts & New York.
    AtlantisArms.com - Glock Factory Stock Parts

I'm not sure I follow you on the pre ban thing.
    In some states such as MA, and I believe CA, NY, magazines were banned at the state level. I believe it would be a bad thing(tm) to get caught with a current production hi-cap in any of those places.

I realize that now. This is what confused me:
    I am looking for a larger mag for a Glock 26 to use at the range
    I guess that's simply meant in physical size.

Sorry I did not clear up the question sooner,I have been in Florida doing the Disney thing. Will post Thursay on CCW in the park. No problem with that. A better question would have been. I am looking to purchase a higher cap mag for my 26. Who sells higher cap mag so I can use them at the range.My local store wants $50.00 for a 19 shot $100.00 for a 31 shot. If the mag was shipped to a state like Vermont and then driven to NY would there be any problem with owning the mag then?

If the mag was shipped to a state like Vermont and then driven to NY would there be any problem with owning the mag then?
    Yes, that would be a problem.

CDNN online $9.99 glock mags

I think a big hurdle in a state that bans new high cap mags from puchase is proving you had the mag before the ban

Sorry I did not clear up the question sooner,I have been in Florida doing the Disney thing. Will post Thursay on CCW in the park. No problem with that. A better question would have been. I am looking to purchase a higher cap mag for my 26. Who sells higher cap mag so I can use them at the range.My local store wants $50.00 for a 19 shot $100.00 for a 31 shot. If the mag was shipped to a state like Vermont and then driven to NY would there be any problem with owning the mag then?
    Uh-Oh! Thing is like I say---far as I know, there is no way to identify the pre-ban drop free mags from the current unless they are specifically marked. Now if you were somehow able to find the non-drop-free mags that would certainly define them as pre-ban. Thing is--I don't think you'll find those in anything but the G17 mags. I have a few of those.
    Glock Magazines
    Four types of magazines
    Glock magazines

While picking up a postban magazine from another state isn't legal, it would be legal to do so for a preban. How one can tell the difference if they're not marked, good question.
    For all I know the NIB preban mags at the gun shows here are unmarked postban. But the dealers say they're preban, and that makes it legal. Go figure.

Links