Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed - Page 3

Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed

This is a discussion on Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Knuckledrager I have seen some of the other Cheaper Than Dirt nylon products unravel with minimal use. This one is made by ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    I have seen some of the other Cheaper Than Dirt nylon products unravel with minimal use.
    This one is made by Condor....they are a bit cheaper made than Maxpedition, but for the money a VERY GOOD VALUE.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

How about a Camelbak Talon? CamelBak - 2006
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    This should carry everything you need, plus have room for more. I carry similar items in mine. I love this pack.

5.11TacticalHQ Your 5.11 Police Equipment Headquarters-800-367-3763
    Curry

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    Before you buy, check out the bags that Hawkepaks makes. They do a rifle compatible bag that Larue Tactical sells with their logo on it. Not too costly either.

Hawkepake/LaRue Rifle Bug Out Bag
    That's a nice bag.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Administrator
    You guys really came through for me... Thanks. I dont know why I couldnt find anything on my own.

I still think the Hawkepake is my best bet, we will see.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I realize that Sixto already found what he's looking for but this is a phenomenal thread and I can see some good implications for others. For example, this would be GREAT for hunters to check out for a day-bag into the forest and away from the truck.

Is there any chance we could sticky this?
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    I realize that Sixto already found what he's looking for but this is a phenomenal thread and I can see some good implications for others. For example, this would be GREAT for hunters to check out for a day-bag into the forest and away from the truck.

Is there any chance we could sticky this?
    There has been a lot of great suggestions here with some really cool bags. I've been having a lot of fun sorting through them all.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Sixto, I have the bag from One Source, and it would be pretty close to what you're looking for. While it isn't perfect, it isn't bad and any needed adjustments could probably be made without too much difficulty.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Agreed, and we all have different requirements.

I bought the bag I chose because I would be able to use the Maxpedition Multi Purpose bag to carry a computer, files, cords, etc. and it has a nice way to conceal a pistol with fairly easy access. I do wish there was a pocket held closed by velcro that would allow me to conceal a pistol in there while the rest of the pockets and areas were closed. I may have chose the wrong bag of my choices.
    Pitmaster

I "grew up" recently and got rid of my tactical nylon bags and bought a Saddleback Large Leather briefcase. He sells cheaper than listed on eBay. Check out this review . The bag is my everything bag from the range to work to a day with the kids. It's classy, converts from messenger to backpack, gets better looking over time, and camoflagues well in an urban enviro. Pricey but a lifetime bag that I can pass on to my son.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Try Chrome. They are a high quality messenger bag that stays put very well. They also are extremely easy to get on and off. Also, many other nifty features, that all have a function. There are no toys on/in them just for the sake of toys.

but then again........being a cyclist myself, I'm a wee bit biased.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I "grew up" recently and got rid of my tactical nylon bags and bought a Saddleback Large Leather briefcase. He sells cheaper than listed on eBay. Check out this review . The bag is my everything bag from the range to work to a day with the kids. It's classy, converts from messenger to backpack, gets better looking over time, and camoflagues well in an urban enviro. Pricey but a lifetime bag that I can pass on to my son.
    Those are really nice jarhead... maybe I'll buy one when I grow up, if that ever happens.

I like the classic looks, but I would destroy one of those in a year easily.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I know you are looking at a lot of shoulder bags, but two liters of water plus six pistol mags plus four rifle mags are going to kill your shoulder if you spend any significant time carrying it. And it is going to be awkward running with it.

It's not perfect, but you might take a look at the Maxpedition Condor-II backpack.

It's what I currently use as my EDC bag (previously Maxpedition Jumbo and Kifaru E&E).

If you look at the pictures, you can see the top pocket would work for handgun mags, and the bottom probably will do four M4 mags. I don't have any M4 mags, but it looks like it would eat 4-6 20rd. FN FAL mags, and perhaps 30rd. mags if stored horizontally.

You could attach a water bottle pocket on one or both sides. It accepts a small Camelback style system also and has a system to hold a handgun in the back panel.

With the PALS attachments, you an make it do pretty much anything you need.

I know it is a bit more tactical looking than you are looking for, but being a backpack probably counters that a little bit.

After carrying my Jumbo loaded up for long periods and trying to do a bit of running here and there, I just think that shoulder bags are not optimal for this kind of thing.

I'd be happy to answer any questions I can about the Maxpedition Jumbo, Fatboy, Condor II and Kifaru E&E.

-john

Edit: What about a vest, worn under a cover garmet? If you wore all the mags on your person, your bag becomes very small and you could ditch it if you had to.

If ordering from Maxpedition read their return policy. Its pretty strict and not very customer friendly. As I read the policy if you cut the tags off they won't accept a return. That is pretty strict for snipping a replaceable piece of plastic.
    Pitmaster

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Edit: What about a vest, worn under a cover garmet? If you wore all the mags on your person, your bag becomes very small and you could ditch it if you had to.
    I might have to ditch everything at some point, a vest would not work.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links