Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed

This is a discussion on Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't waded through all the responses, but if a surplus army bag hasn't already been mentioned let me know and I will shoot a ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on a "GoBag" of a different sort needed

Hey Sixto

I haven't waded through all the responses, but if a surplus army bag hasn't already been mentioned let me know and I will shoot a couple of pics and post for you. I have a 'newer' infantry bag and it is just about perfect. More configuration options than I could possibly list. Straps, pouches, etc. everywhere.

Mine has 3 days of food, water, shelter, tools, and ammo with room to spare in a bag that is still about the same size as a standard backpack.

Let me know.

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

2. Remove Ads

I didn't read all the entries but this seems to fit the bill BAG-220 - Bug Out Bag, OD Green, 13x9.5x4" Removable Divider, Shoulder Strap - Manufactured by: Condor Outdoor Products
    You can use the shoulder strap to throw it around to your back for run and gun. It's also cheap enough to buy a couple if needed.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Administrator
    Paul, thanks for the offer, but I think I have what you are talking about already. I use it for my normal bug out bag. This one is just for work carrying the things I need for work only, hence the specialized nature.

Joleary, that bag got suggested a while back in this thread. It looks like a great deal, and at that price I might get one just to check it out. Its out of stock at the moment right now.

I'm still excited about knuckledragers suggestion; its exactly what I had in mind.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Kuckledrager may be on to something with that bag. If you get it post pics.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

BAC
    Heck, I thought Knuckledragger's suggestion was great as a little range bag, too. I love threads like this.

-B

bug out bag

hey sixto, in another post, your looking for bug out bag.
    i was on e-bay in thier hunting section. saw one bag that might work
    i"m sure there"s more but it might be worth looking into.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...... Joleary, that bag got suggested a while back in this thread. It looks like a great deal, and at that price I might get one just to check it out. Its out of stock at the moment right now.
    (it's probably my fault their out of stock....I ordered 6......)

Here's a link to one on Ebay:
    ACU Bug Out Bag, 13x9.5x 4" # BAG-223 - eBay (item 300208071212 end time Mar-24-08 06:57:49 PDT)

SIXTO,
    I have an extra one I'll send you....it's an ACU (digital camo).......PM with a mailing address & I'll send it to you- NO CHARGE!
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Thats mighty fine of you GoAwayFarm
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Well I am here at this thread late, so any suggestions I would have given have all ready been given.

This is a good thread though.

I do have one question for you Sixto. Are you going to keep a rubber ducky in the bag you are getting?

I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Here are pics of the Diamondback Tactical E&E bag. It is very well made and has a whole lot of utility.

"The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

The thing I hate about this thread is that now there are way too many new cool bags I must get! I really like the LaRue Rifle bag that Knuckledrager suggested as well as the products from Saddleback Leather that Semperfi .45 suggested. I now need a new briefcase and even new suitcases from Saddleback and the LaRue Rifle bag.

I can attest to the quality of Diamondback Tactical products!

I use their Low Level Medical Operator Bag as my entry team tac med bag, along with a Camelbak BFM as the teams main medical bag.

I've been really impressed with the Diamondback Tactical Bag and recommend their products!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    The Diamondback looks a little more compact than the LaRue, I dont think my ducky would fit.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hard Choices!

What I like about the Diamondback bag Knuckledrager showed is the lid has a map case and it is the full width of the bag which I feel covers the mag pouches better affording more concealment and discretion.

The LaRue seems a bit larger which is a plus but I don't like the triangle shaped top flap as much as I do a full width cover flap. I also don't like the word "Tactical" embroidered across the front of my bag! Kind of defeats the purpose of discreet! Minor points, but could be a deal breaker for some folks.

Still, both seem to be of top quality and it's a toss up as far as I'm concerned.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I also don't like the word "Tactical" embroidered across the front of my bag! Kind of defeats the purpose of discreet! Minor points, but could be a deal breaker for some folks.
    It of course depends on the design and colors, but I've often taken a Sharpie and blacked out tags and labels that I don't want to stand out. I tend towards black gear and this works pretty well.

You can also have a go at it with a seam ripper.

-john

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The LaRue seems a bit larger which is a plus but I don't like the triangle shaped top flap as much as I do a full width cover flap. I also don't like the word "Tactical" embroidered across the front of my bag! Kind of defeats the purpose of discreet! Minor points, but could be a deal breaker for some folks.

It is a deal breaker for me. There is nothing tactical about the word tactical...(Hey, I just made up my new signature!) Thats why I'd buy the one direct from Hawkpak, its plain.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links