looking for comfy safety glasses

This is a discussion on looking for comfy safety glasses within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have yet to find safety glasses that i can comfortably wear under earmuffs. any suggestions? i need something cheap. doesnt have to be made ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for comfy safety glasses

looking for comfy safety glasses

i have yet to find safety glasses that i can comfortably wear under earmuffs. any suggestions? i need something cheap. doesnt have to be made for shooting. clear lens.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

2. Remove Ads

If you have a Fastenal store in your area, they've got a good selection of safety glasses. Are your shooting muffs pinching the earpieces against your temples? Maybe you need different muffs.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Oakley has saved my left eye so they get my vote. The new M frames are very comfortable. Yeah, they cost a few bucks but what are your eyes worth?
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

I have and use a set of clear Uvex Genesis that have flat temples and allow the muffs to seal better than my Oakleys, which mainly matters at the indoor range to me. Friesepferd, I just saw that type and several others at the local Fastenal store for less than what I paid for them in the gun store, as ghost tracker suggested.
    I love my Oakleys, but I want the newer type with the flat temples (made to wear under muffs or a helmet).
    What Would Gumby Do?

I got 12 pair at "sam's club for $24 . if they break and get scratched who cares I got another pair or 2 waiting . AND they are comfortable

Go to your local lenscrafters or something, you can get ANSI compliant safety glasses made out of any pair of frames in the stor- just get them with no vision correction. They have varying sizes of lenses, and many can be ordered with side shields.

"real" glasses will be about 1000x more comfy than $4 glasses.

I have RX Oakleys. I think the ESS ICE Tactical Kit is a good investment. I think Revision and Wiley X make a similar setup.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Oakley Half-Jackets for me. Easily changeable lenses. I have no problem with my muffs, but they have really cushy pads. The Oakleys are great on my motorcycle too.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

BAC
    I still need to invest in prescription shooter's glasses; my glasses pass for "protection" by range standards but definitely not by my own. Does Oakley or someone like them make prescription glasses if I get the information from an eye-doctor?

-B

Contact Semperfi.45 three posts above. He can help.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Start Here; Safety Glasses USA - Safety Glasses, Eye Protection, Shooting Glasses, Bifocal Safety Glasses, Wiley X and more.

I personally use a pair of Wiley-X PT1. Also remember you get what you pay for for, and my eyes are worth it!

Wiley-X PT-1
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

I wear the Wiley-X (XL-1) with prescription lenses and the auto light adjusting tent. (The removable head strap makes them a true goggle perfect for contact sports and river rafting/float trips)

I also have a pair of non prescription XL-1 with the interchangeable lenses. (clear and smoke green)

They are perfect for all sports activities. I don't find them to be uncomfortable with shooting muffs for the amount of time that I wear them with muffs.

My next pair will be the new generation XL-1 with prescription lenses in the smoke green. (the smoke green are noticeably darker than the auto adjusting lenses and the new generation has removable foam gaskets around the eyes for more ventilation if needed. The old version that I have are non-removable gaskets which are glued to the frame)

Of course there's always Lasik surgery and then I don't have to worry about Rx glasses anymore! Hmmmmmm.... Maybe a couple more million Lasik procedures under their belt and it might be perfected enough for me to consider.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Harley Davidson riding glasses
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Wiley X's and ESS's tend to be pretty decent, although the Wiley's fog up less, that isn't too much of an issue for normal range shooting since neither should fog their.

Oakley's are awesome, but pricey.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

i cant get myself to buy a $80 pair of safety glasses.
    heck, i dont even have $80.
    its not my muffs, its defiantly the glasses, all i have tried dont lie close enough to my head. ill stop by the fasenal store later this week and see if they have any that work
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links