Baby Eagle mods?

Baby Eagle mods?

This is a discussion on Baby Eagle mods? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know anywhere that sells or even possibly makes or COULD/WOULD be willing to make a larger clip for my .40 baby eagle? Also, ...

Thread: Baby Eagle mods?

Baby Eagle mods?

Does anyone know anywhere that sells or even possibly makes or COULD/WOULD be willing to make a larger clip for my .40 baby eagle? Also, i found a thing that mounts on the front trigger guard to add a rail to put on a tactical light. Anyone know how well these work or have heard anything?
    thanks much!
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

Administrator
    You can buy a 13 round mag for the Baby Eagle from Magnum Research.
    CLICK HERE

Baby Eagle .40S&W 13-Round Magazine

$35.00

Don't be left empty handed at the range, stock up today on extra 13-round magazines for your pistol. This magazine has a black steel body and base with an orange follower. This magazine is the exact same looking as the 10-round magazine with the exception of the base plate, the 13-round has a steel base plate.

This magazine works in both the IMI SP21 .40S&W semi-compact model pistol and the Baby Eagle .40S&W standard (full-size) and semi-compact model steel and polymer pistols.

I looked at a number of options for adding a rail to my Eagle, and just wasn't happy with any of them -- just seemed too clunky for my taste. I've got the all-steel, full-size model in .40 S&W. My solution was to acquire another handgun with an organic rail, rather than an add-on. I think the Eagle is an excellent handgun, but there aren't a lot of accessories for it, as you've found.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I used to have a rail adapter that worked great but while trying to find one for Sticks for his Baby Eagle I couldn't find another one at the company that sold mine, armytacshop.com. I ended up selling him mine becase I switch my M-6 flashlight/laser to my Sig Pro in the evening. The one problem I had with the adapter was I couldn't use it with my Kramer holster. I was using the Baby Eagle for the house gun until my daughter had problems with a nuts husband and decided that my normal daily carry gun would do double duty after I took it off in the evening and then put on my M-6.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I also have the full size metal frame in a 40. i've been really happy with the feel of it in my hand, the accuracy, the look, easy for me to conceal etc., I just think if it had a rail i could mount a light on it would be a real big bonus! Here's the site i found the rail mount on. FAB MJPR Picatinny Rail Mount for Jericho Baby Eagle - eBay (item 160212760396 end time Mar-27-08 14:13:55 PDT) I am sure i'd need a new holster also, any ideas for this gun/rail mount and say an M3 on it?
    i have two thirteen round mags for my gun, i was hoping to find something like a 30 rounder? anyone know how difficult that would be to make or have any tips if i got 2 or 3 extra clips and tried to combine them?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

That rail mount for sale in Ebay is just like the one I had and it was strong and kept it's zero just fine. When I purchased mine new it sold for something like $87 with shipping.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Thank you ridurall and everyone else for all your help! I will order that right now!
    -Alexander Hamilton

Brownells carries the rails but you will have to tap two screw holes in the bottom of frame ?! If any one is interested I have a NEW HIGH NOON BELT HOLSTER (LEATHER) SKIN GUARD MODEL FOR SALE FOR THE BABY EAGLE if you are interested send me a pm .

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I used a Baby Eagle as my EDC for a while, so I understand how difficult it is to get after market parts for them. Some parts from CZ and EAA are compatible with the slide safety variant, like the extended oval mag release and the over travel trigger. Other parts are only suitable for the frame mounted safety models, like the SAO trigger and the ambidextrous safeties the.

If anyone is willing to send their rail mount to me for a short while, I could mount it on a Jericho 941F and use that as a holster molding dummy. I don't mind molding around the pistol and the rail, I just don't like making leather holsters to accommodate pistols with the lights mounted. I have yet to see one that protects the trigger properly and still allows a normal draw.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Sponsored Links