How many have a flashlight on their person right now? - Page 2

How many have a flashlight on their person right now?

This is a discussion on How many have a flashlight on their person right now? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am ready for bed, so I guess, my answer is no as well. However I always have a little LED Lenser on my keyring, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many have a flashlight on their person right now?

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I am ready for bed, so I guess, my answer is no as well. However I always have a little LED Lenser on my keyring, and 90% of the time I have a 2aaa mag lite. I like both for a few reasons.

#1 both are reliable and have decent, light output.

#2 Batteries for the Mag lite are cheap, and considering the lifespan of the batteries in the little Led Lenser(two year so far and it has seen a lot of use), they are an absolute bargain at $3.85 Since I use both lights for work on a nearly daily basis, this is important.

#3 they are both less than 15$ each, and both are reasonably well made. I don't know about you guys, but I would get a bit irritated over losing a $10-15 light down a whole, in a lake, etc. Losing a Surefire 6P would be a disaster. (no I don't often lose lights, but when you carry and use them in the situations I do, losability becomes a factor)

Having said all that, I would really like to have a super bright ultra reliable light like the Surefires.

Samaritan:

For a cost effective alternative, check out the Brinkmann Maxfire Xenon light available at Wally World or Target. It's not as posh as a Surefire but at the $16-$19 price tag, it's close enough for a lot of applications!

The main things I like about the Surefire are the lifetime guarantee, the rubber gaskets, the incredible throw of the light, and the fact that when you pick them up you can tell they really were made to be used in one hand while you hold your gun in the other. There are brighter lights for the money, but they don't have the throw these Xenon bulbs do. I know from experience my C2 can spotlight a man a football field away.

I actually carry that little Nuwai or my little Inova LED light for mundane lighting purposes.

Also Surefire makes the G2, a model that can be had for about $35. It's a plastic body, but I think it's a very sensible light and a great value.

I take a Surefire 9P with me to work now. But when I get hired at the SD I'm getting an M6. There's something about 500 lumens hitting a person at point blank that seems fun to me.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Hey Q-Ball, could you please post that pic, I'm kinda curious what you did, but don't quite understand what you said. Thanks.

Oh, and I have a cheap Garrity light that I use as an EDC, it's a three AAA LED light. Nowhere near as bright as my Surefire G2 (I carry this on duty, and it's in my bag for when I go to the desert, if I go....) but it works well enough and it doesn't go through batteries nearly as fast.

A1C Lickey

Lights, I don't think I carry enough...

Tonight alone:
    Surefire G2 in GHB (always with me)
    Underwater Kinetics 2AAA Light on shoulder strap of GHB
    Surefire A2 in pocket (waiting for Garrity leather holder)
    Photon 1 on keychain

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey
    Hey Q-Ball, could you please post that pic, I'm kinda curious what you did, but don't quite understand what you said. Thanks. A1C Lickey
    I don't have a digital camera at home, so I'll bring it into work tonight...
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Thanks, Euc, I need to stop at wally world later anyway I'll check it out.

Senior Moderator
    Gosh, I'm beginning to think some of you are scared of the dark!

flashlight,oc,handcuffs,multi-tool,cell phone,glock/2 mags.and rubber gloves , hand held radio,sig p230 bug/1 mag.Moss 500 in car and a colt AR-15 in trunk.BTW i'm on duty

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    More people should be.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    More people should be.

And in the daytime to for that matter!

Here's a pic off a website of the holster that comes with the X5, it flops around and I didn't care for it.
    And here is the one that I sewed up. I basically folded the flap over onto the body and hand stitched it. Not pretty, but it's a lot more secure and snug.
    Sorry about the crappy photo, but it does go along with my crappy sewing job.
    Attached Images
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

VIP Member
    I carry a Surefire 6P I purchased in 1996 at Massad Ayoob's LFI in NH. It's been with me during LFI I and II, FLETC (twice), search and arrest warrants and other places.

I have a OD green Surefire G2 Nitrolon as a backup that I have with me most of the time....and went with me to Iraq in 2003.

My tac vest is also home for a Surefire Z3 with a red filter.

Both my Z3 and 6P have the high intensity lamps.

I also carry various small "squeeze" lights and that small Streamlight flashlight that I got when I subscribed to the new magazine "American Cop."
    Last edited by srfl; September 30th, 2005 at 02:11 AM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I've never been scared of the dark.

Don't fear the night. Fear what hunts at night.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Surefire 6P. except for the way I thread my belt it would be the first thing on. Since I;m a lefty and thread my belt from left to right it goes gun light extra mags.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links