New Safe

New Safe

This is a discussion on New Safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the best parts of this forum is the ability to come and shamefully brag about new purchases. Thanks to some of the stuff ...

Thread: New Safe

New Safe

One of the best parts of this forum is the ability to come and shamefully brag about new purchases. Thanks to some of the stuff I read mostly here, just got delivery of this:

http://cannonsafecom.nxg.superpagesh.../CannonC23.jpg

Now... who wants to come help me move it in from the curb?
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Get a couple of friends and a good dolly. They are a pain to move but offer peace of mind. You will be surprised at how quickly it will fill up. Then.... you'll need another one.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

very nice! At 620 pounds, i think i'd just leave it at the curb maybe surround it with razor wire and attack dogs...

I used one of these to move in my 1000# safe. It made it unbelievably easy. My wife works for Pepsi so we were able to borrow a truck with a lift-gate and one of those hand trucks which made the whole process very smooth. If you can rent a dolly like that locally, it's worth the money.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Brag away!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    One of the best parts of this forum is the ability to come and shamefully brag about new purchases. Thanks to some of the stuff I read mostly here, just got delivery of this:

http://cannonsafecom.nxg.superpagesh.../CannonC23.jpg

Now... who wants to come help me move it in from the curb?
    My brother convinced me years ago, the cost of one nice gun protects all the others.

A very wise purchase...I have one like yours and a short one, also...you will feel much better each time you leave the house....
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Nice safe I was going to get the same one but they didn't have it in stock so I got the C30 , and I am glade I did , because they do fill up fast . If I had to move it again I would pay someone professional to do it , mine flipped over going up the steps and put a small dent in the front . I hope your move goes better , get at lease 3 strong men to help you .

I got it all moved into place, leveled and bolted to the floor. My wife looked at it and said, "it's huge! We're never going to fill this." I give it a week. :)

Suffice to say, anyone who takes it is going to have to be VERY determined to get it. I guess that does happen, but they aren't going to enjoy it.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

VIP Member
    I'm thinkin' it'll work!

Did ya get a good price?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    I got it all moved into place, leveled and bolted to the floor. My wife looked at it and said, "it's huge! We're never going to fill this." I give it a week. :)

Suffice to say, anyone who takes it is going to have to be VERY determined to get it. I guess that does happen, but they aren't going to enjoy it.
    Don't give her the combo...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

BLACK PR
    allow me to first plead ignorance.
    I recently asked Hoss about his name.

I recognize the picture that you use, I just can't place it.
    I think it's "one of the bad guys". Who, what, when, where, why.

An old western fan, especially the old Clint Eastwood movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    I recognize the picture that you use, I just can't place it.
    I think it's "one of the bad guys". Who, what, when, where, why.

An old western fan, especially the old Clint Eastwood movies.
    Mine is "Angel Eyes" AKA "The Bad," played by Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Although I have to say, Eli Wallachs "Tuco" character was easily the best character in any western ever (sure to ignite a flame war there...).

Thumper Asked:
    Did ya get a good price?
    No! LOL... Well, I payed $1100 for the safe. I guess that's not too terrible. But it's a Cannon....lifetime warranty and all that.

Links