Would you carry a weapon mounted light?
Ok, for starters I wasn't really sure where to post this as it deals with related gear & equipment, concealed carry holsters, and almost concealed carry guns all at the same time. So, how about a little background first? I am wanting to buy a Glock 19 next and I am set on that. I am also wanting to mount an Insight M3 tactical light on it for night stand duty.
Then I got thinking.
Why couldn't I carry that set up as my EDC as well? Comp-Tac makes a CTAC for a Glock 19 with M3 mounted which is the same price as the CTAC for the Glock 19 without a light. So my question is this: Would you carry a weapon mounted light for your EDC?
Here are some of my pro's / con's:
- I can keep a two handed grip on the gun much easier and still have a light.
- It would make reloading much easier when using a light vs. my surefire 6P.(Not that I wouldn't still carry that one just in case.)
- It would leave me a free hand in case I needed it for something else.
- I am going to have it anyways, so why not use it.
- Weight. Probably not enough to notice.
- Bulk. It would add a bit of size to my carry gun.
- Comfort. Having more bulk and weight may make things a little less comfortable.
I am open to any comments, opinions or thoughts on this, even if you don't vote in the poll. Thanks.