Smith Vortex flash suppressor and sound suppressors

This is a discussion on Smith Vortex flash suppressor and sound suppressors within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if you can mount a sound suppressor such as the Gen-Tech HALO, that is designed to mount over a standard A2 "birdcage" ...

Thread: Smith Vortex flash suppressor and sound suppressors

VIP Member

Does anyone know if you can mount a sound suppressor such as the Gen-Tech HALO, that is designed to mount over a standard A2 "birdcage" flash suppressor, will mount over the Smith Vortex flash suppressor that comes standard on Noveske rifles? I asked Noveske, but no response after more than a week...

Thanks!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Part 1001V ? Not sure if their system is proprietary or not...
    M4/M16/AR15 Parts & Accessories: Smith Enterprise, Inc.

You'd have to check to see if the rings on the stock Vortex are the same as the BC, using Gemtech's product.

VIP Member
    Yeah, that's basically the part, I believe. It doesn't look like it will work unless you get the special flash suppressor that is supposed to mount their proprietary sound suppressor. I've sent emails to them, as well, but no answer yet.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    What brand of can are you interested in? Noveske offers the Surefire flash hider that goes with their cans. I have a Vortex on my N4 and it is not compatible with any of the AWC cans that we have. BTW the Vortex is the best flash hider that I have ever used. There is almost no discernible flash with M855, XM193, Fed TRU or Hornady TAP.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Sponsored Links