Kifaru Pointman ordered....

This is a discussion on Kifaru Pointman ordered.... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered myself a pack. I take a small cooler (lunch) and 2 gallons of water with me to work every day, and I ...

I just ordered myself a pack. I take a small cooler (lunch) and 2 gallons of water with me to work every day, and I usually take a pair of running shoes and a change of clothes in a separate bag. Add a coffee thermos and its a lot of stuff. Normally I would have something issued I could use for at least some of it, but at the school I'm at right now that's not the case.
    My wife told me I needed to get a new pack or my old one would bust at the seams....and as usual, I figured if I'm going to do it I might as well do it right. This thing will work for weekend trips, short backpacking trips, and I can expand the capacity a bit more with some external pouches and use it for longer trips too.
    I'll post pictures when it gets here - they said they were a couple weeks behind on shipping, but they do have it in stock. Normally they have a 4-6 week wait if they have to make it. So, maybe it'll be here next week, and maybe it'll be a month. Either way I'll post pictures and tell more when it gets here. For now, here's a link:

POINTMAN

Austin

Kifaru is top shelf gear...good choice!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    That's a cool pack; I consider that tru "pro gear", If I was still in or working in LE, etc. that's what I would want!

My card got charged this week, so I'd guess it will be coming sometime soon. It will be a great pack even after I get out and have no "real" use for it - I'll take it hunting, backpacking, or even in those SHTF OMGWTF EOTWAWKI situations we all worry about... :-)

Austin

The pack came yesterday. I've been working long days and probably won't get pictures up until the weekend. This thing is awesome! I've got my GoreTex top and bottom in it, along with my quart size coffee thermos (big), little cooler for my lunch, and still I have room for 6 quarts of water plus my 3 liter Camelback. Its just the right size, and the quality is great. I haven't worn a more comfortable pack. I put 1200 rounds of 75 grain 5.56 in it and it felt just fine walking around a bit. I need to adjust the length of the shoulder straps a little bit, and then it will be perfect.

Austin

BAC
    Ah, that's the Kifaru on my wish list. Enjoy it for the both of us, sir!

-B

I've had the pack for over a month now, I've been taking it with me to work every day.

I put a quart size coffee thermos, a small cooler (food), 5 water quart size Gatorade bottles (water), a 100oz Camelback (more water), Gore-tex top and bottom, and a drink mixer (more food - not in pictures because its in the dishwasher). There is plenty of room for a couple warming layers if I wanted them - not really necessary here in FL.

Its very sturdy, light, and comfortable. Expensive too, but I'm a buy once cry once kind of guy. I'm very happy with this pack.

Austin

Last edited by aus71383; June 21st, 2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add pictures

fanny packs

anyone here know if Kifaru makes a fanny pack looks to be a quality product. Thanks

They do make a fanny pack - but they don't call it that, and its a bit more than the normal fanny packs you see. Check out the Tailgunner on their website KIFARU HUNTING&MILITARY GEAR

Austin

Any one here know if Kifaru makes a fanny pack smaller then that it looks to big for everyday carry. thanks for the tip though.

They sure don't.

Austin

Unhappy to bad

Like the look and quality of there stuff I guess I'll look at something else.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Austin,

Is that the padded or unpadded power pull pals belt? I'm currently trying to decide between the Kifaru vs the Mystery Ranch.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

It is lightly padded. Its thin enough to easily fit the shape of your hips, so it spreads the weight evenly - very comfortable.

I have no experience with Mystery Ranch, but I don't think you could be disappointed with a Kifaru....

Austin

Links