Defensive Carry banner

How long have you had your Borealis?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  black bear 84 
#1 ·
I got mine today finally!!! I had been waiting and waiting until my money allowed this purchase, and can say without a doubt, IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY! Thanks Juan!

I cannot believe how much light can come out of this thing. It lights up a room like you turned on a flood lamp. Outdoors it is all daylight! I cannot imagine what a BG would do if you beamed this across his eyes, but I know there is NO way he would see anything for a while.

This would be an amazing LEO tool.

I was going to just add a note to the other Borealis thread, but it is closed, so

How long have you had yours? And is it still as impressive?

#2 ·
Wow! Not a single reply at all?

I thought there might be atleast some discussion.

I love my newest tool!

#8 ·
Welcome to Black Bear Flashlights

The Borealis is made from the "host" of a very well known flashlight in 3D format, 12 1/2 inches long. The advantage of

the host system is that after the flashlight becomes dented and scratched from heavy field use, you can buy a new

"host" at Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or similar retailers for less than $20.00. And ten minutes of your time will replace the

special parts in the new shell. The Borealis features a 50-minute runtime with our new 2700 mAH batteries.

Unlike other rechargeable police flashlights, the Borealis works on a 12-volt system of high current NiMH batteries, which

are needed to handle the almost three and a half amps demanded from the bulb. To cope with the increased heat, the

switch has been highly modified and has an aluminum bay with a ceramic bi-pin bulb holder. The special high-walled

parabolic aluminum reflector and the Pyrex lens finish the high-temperature system.

Stinger @ 43 yards

Borealis @ same

http://www.blackbearflashlights.com/000622.wmv

#9 ·
Wow, I guess this subject has been discussed to death on here.

None of you other members have one?

I know some of you do..... how about an update from those that have had one for a while?

#12 ·
How many power levels does it have,or is it always on cook!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.