I'm looking to put in a Vault door......... - Page 2

I'm looking to put in a Vault door.........

This is a discussion on I'm looking to put in a Vault door......... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have you gotten a price on the doors yet? I can email them but I thought I would check here first. I have never thought ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have you gotten a price on the doors yet? I can email them but I thought I would check here first. I have never thought of a Vault, but after looking at your photos I realized I have a space in my basement that could be perfect.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    I'm jealous!!!!!!!
    +2!

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    Have you gotten a price on the doors yet? I can email them but I thought I would check here first. I have never thought of a Vault, but after looking at your photos I realized I have a space in my basement that could be perfect.
    I got a quote of $2,699 in a gloss finish and $2,399 in a textured finish then add $500 to $700 for delivery and installation in there local area. This is for the one I linked to.

I better add this was also for an opening of 40" x 83".

I have never bought anything like this so I was hopping some one here could give some input on what might have the best fire rating est.....
    Last edited by Carpet475; May 25th, 2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: To add more info.

Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun Safes, Fireproof Home Safes, and Vault Doors

Vault Doors, Gun Vaults, Armory Vault Doors and Hurricane Doors by Sportsman Steel Safe Company

The second link is a company that makes doors for DOJ, FBI, and what not. They also have a picture of a door they made for a gold mining company that can have a fork lift drive through it. I found these websites while looking for a gun safe of my own. Hope it helps out a little.
    Springfield 1911A1, Ruger GP100 .357 mag, Glock 17, Ruger Vaquero .44 mag

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    IMO, I would buy a vault door that opens in...that way you can also use the room as a safe room for natural disaster, and get it open if something falls against it from the outside.
    as make sure it has a panic bar to open from the inside after locked.
    phone line is a good idea, also an air line...small pvc piped to the yard somewhere with a cap on it....that way fresh air can get in if necessary.
    a couple fold down cots, lots of bottled water, and a case of MRE's and you can last a while...
    as remember a portable tiolet that uses trash bags, so you can go and tie up TIGHT if you have to be in there for any time.
    of course of things like portable weather radio, cb, lantern, whistle, etc...the list is long of options.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Man, I wish we had basements in TX. I would love to have a panic room/vault/man cave like that.

Nice job!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Vault door - Safe room door - Storm shelter doors

Vaultdoors.org is a USA vault door manufacturer, an out swing vault door is perfect for a safe room or walk in gun vault to safely store a large collection of firearms and other valuables. For a panic room or storm shelter an in swing vault door is recommended, in the event of a tornado or hurricane disaster it will allow you and your family to escape even if debree and rubble fall in front of the door, so you'll never get trapped inside. All vault doors come with a frame ready to install in a wood. steel or concrete opening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links