I'm looking to put in a Vault door.........

I'm looking to put in a Vault door.........

This is a discussion on I'm looking to put in a Vault door......... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking to put in a Vault door and would like to get opinions on this one and others that you all might know of. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: I'm looking to put in a Vault door.........

  1. #1
    Member Array Carpet475's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    46

    I'm looking to put in a Vault door.........

    I'm looking to put in a Vault door and would like to get opinions on this one and others that you all might know of.


    If you have a manufacture that you like will you give a link and why you like it over another.

    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Carpet475; May 23rd, 2008 at 11:26 PM.


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array David in FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,342
    Is the room otherwise completely secure......i.e. all concrete block walls at a minimum?

    If the other walls are interior drywall over studs and/or if access to the room could be achieved through the attic space, a vault door provides little more than an illusion of security IMHO.

  3. #3
    Member Array Carpet475's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Is the room otherwise completely secure......i.e. all concrete block walls at a minimum?

    If the other walls are interior drywall over studs and/or if access to the room could be achieved through the attic space, a vault door provides little more than an illusion of security IMHO.
    10" reinforced concrete ceiling, 8" reinforced wall, and 10" thick reinforced concrete floor . That door is the only way in with out lots of loud/hard work
    The room is 4' x 11'. I'll be putting in a dehumidifier and power.

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    Who built this room Dr. Hanabil Lector?

  5. #5
    Member Array Carpet475's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Who built this room Dr. Hanabil Lector?
    I did, do you think I made it to small?

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,840
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Who built this room Dr. Hanabil Lector?

    Thanks for the 'laugh out loud'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array ccman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    2,037
    I did, do you think I made it to small?
    Well its bigger than mine. I'll trade you. Good Job.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    LOL.. Too funny.. Congrats on being able to have a room like that!!
    Nice safe!! Good luck on your search.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array David in FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpet475 View Post
    10" reinforced concrete ceiling, 8" reinforced wall, and 10" thick reinforced concrete floor . That door is the only way in with out lots of loud/hard work
    The room is 4' x 11'. I'll be putting in a dehumidifier and power.
    Outstanding. Well done!

    Plenty of room for gun racks, shelving, and a small table. Add a tv and a fridge and you can hide down there for a long time!

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array deadeye72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Mississippi
    Posts
    4,283
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Outstanding. Well done!

    Plenty of room for gun racks, shelving, and a small table. Add a tv and a fridge and you can hide down there for a long time!

    +1 That is a great idea. Can the vault door be opened from the inside? If not then you definitely need the fridge and a phone line in case you get locked in.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

  11. #11
    Member Array Carpet475's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    +1 That is a great idea. Can the vault door be opened from the inside? If not then you definitely need the fridge and a phone line in case you get locked in.
    That's a good thing to think about, thank you both for pointing that out. I think I'll put a phone line just for fun.

  12. #12
    Member Array Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    443
    If you're even thinking about this as a "panic" room, I suggest that you take a couple 4 x 8 sheets of board and mock up the floor space of the room. Then think about spending a prolonged time "there." I think you'll consider trying to at least enhance that 4' measurement. After all, you're going to have your storage on the walls, further decreasing that width.

    Browning makes a very nice security door that would seem ideal for your use.

    Remember that phone lines can get cut. If cell won't get coverage, consider a good ol' CB radio! Note that if you have metal shielding (AC ducts, etc.) around the walls and ceiling, those can kill some radio and 802.11 signals. Consider with the phone lines adding Cat6 for internet network access. That wiring can also work for many security cameras.

  13. #13
    Member Array Carpet475's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    If you're even thinking about this as a "panic" room, I suggest that you take a couple 4 x 8 sheets of board and mock up the floor space of the room. Then think about spending a prolonged time "there." I think you'll consider trying to at least enhance that 4' measurement. After all, you're going to have your storage on the walls, further decreasing that width.

    Browning makes a very nice security door that would seem ideal for your use.

    Remember that phone lines can get cut. If cell won't get coverage, consider a good ol' CB radio! Note that if you have metal shielding (AC ducts, etc.) around the walls and ceiling, those can kill some radio and 802.11 signals. Consider with the phone lines adding Cat6 for internet network access. That wiring can also work for many security cameras.
    I really had/have no intent to use this as a "panic room". It's intended use is a safe place for guns, important papers, valuables, and pedigree papers for our dogges.

    I'll look at Browning.

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array BigEFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,045
    I'm jealous!!!!!!!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

    "Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

  15. #15
    VIP Member
    Array DaveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Posts
    5,036

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    I'm jealous!!!!!!!
    +1
    Μολὼν λαβέ

    I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

    I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gun Vault MiniVault
    By mackers in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
  2. Titan Gun Vault
    By DaveDemon in forum Related Gear & Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
  3. Gun Vault Location
    By 500Mag in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
  4. Looking for Car Gun Vault
    By Wrascal in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 18th, 2007, 02:37 PM
  5. Gun Vault Room
    By 45ACP4ever in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Search tags for this page

attic vault door

,
best place for vault door forum
,
best vault door
,

browning vault door

,

cheap vault doors

,
do you have a vault door on your mancave
,

looking for a vault door

,

man cave vault door

,
vault door man cave
,

vault door opinions

,
vault doors prepper
,

what is a good vault door forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.