Good threads, good people

This is a discussion on Good threads, good people within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently went shopping for some additional dress clothing. I have to wear jacket/tie/slacks when I start the police academy this next week, so it ...

Thread: Good threads, good people

VIP Member

Good threads, good people

I recently went shopping for some additional dress clothing. I have to wear jacket/tie/slacks when I start the police academy this next week, so it was a good "excuse" to get some new threads.
    I've never heard good or bad about them, but I have to give kudos to the Joseph A. Banks here. They had some great deals on some nice clothes. One employee was helping me with a jacket and he bumped my G30 I had IWB. He asked me who I worked for so I told him I'm about to work for the PD. He let me know that they have a lot of LEO (city, county, and state) that some in there for clothing. They get their jackets tailored to better conceal sidearms and they add some stiffer material inside the jacket to aid in concealment and reduce wear on the lining. He later told me that him and his dad have their CHL, and a few people with CHLs come there for jackets also.
    Now for the best part....they give LEOs a corporate discount card so I got 20% off in addition to the sale prices. They have sales twice a year (that I'll get notified about) for 50% off everything.
    Great people, know just how to get pants and jackets to fit for LEO or folks with CHLs. Great experience.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

It is always good to hear about positive businesses and CCW. These are the types of places that deserve our business. It is pretty cool that the people who work there also carry concealed. I wonder if that is common for the company or just that particular store.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    You know, we get all sorts of posts on here about pro- and anti-CCW retail places. It may be a bit premature to draw too much in the way of conclusions here, but...

A permit holder can buy his toothpaste at store A or store B, and it doesn;t really matter. Same for seeing a movie, and so on. Thus there is no real market incentive for anybody in these businesses to be particularly pro-CCW. But somebody who carries will definitely care about going to a place for dress clothes that can cater to the CCW need.

I point this out only to say that many people on this forum have said good things about Jos. A. Banks and Men's Wearhouse, but I can't recall any bad reports on tailors at all. It just warms my heart to know that the free market could well be a good foundation for Second Amendment support.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links