Surefire options? - Page 3

Surefire options?

This is a discussion on Surefire options? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Justin I got a Z2 after getting a 9P. I love the Z2. I'm addicted to shooting it with my USP with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Question 9p

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    I got a Z2 after getting a 9P. I love the Z2. I'm addicted to shooting it with my USP with the Surefire/Rogers technique.
    How do you like the 9P? I'm seriously thinking of this as my next purchase. Is it the rechargeable? If so, how long does the av charge last and how long to recharge and is there a car adaptor? If it's the 3 cell larger version of the 6P does it last any longer or do the batts expire FASTER?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I have a 6P, and the 9P conversion.
    I'm not sure if it is still available from Surefire or not.
    I had to buy an extension, and a 9volt light bulb. (verses the 6 volt for the 6P)
    I feel the 9P just didn't offer any brighter light that was noticible. Ny take on it was a more of a flood action than a straight beam of light.

I agree with those that carry an E2, that is my favorite, the D2 cuts my 5.11 pants.
    The G2 with a 120 Lumen lamp is a great tactical light, yet it is not the one I carry. The G2 is on the shelf at the door, and goes outside with me.
    In all, I have seven Surefire Lights. To me, they are the best, and I'm never without one.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    yes , they get hot, but i just can't see using a lower output LED wwhile a hi output light is avalible.
    The E2e will produce 65 lumens of light with the KL4 led head on it. There is also a 25 lumen head for it also. The E2E with a KL4 head gives yo more light than the incan head. It would be a waste of money to get the E2 series just to put the kl4 head on it when you can get the Surefire L4 for around 160 bucks and the L4 is an e2e with a led head.

Everyone be advised that the Surefire LED's do get hot. They get real hot, even hotter than an incan.
    Take Care,

Shannon
    www.microholics.org

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links