Pentagon Flashlights

This is a discussion on Pentagon Flashlights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good news Ex!! That 12 days musta seemed like an eternity. I know for me an outage of even a half hour seems like a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentagon Flashlights

Assistant Administrator
    Good news Ex!!

That 12 days musta seemed like an eternity. I know for me an outage of even a half hour seems like a day!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Cool We've been eating out a lot....so HOT SHOWER!

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Glad to hear it Ex! So which came first, a hot meal or a real shower?

Jut out of curiosity, when the Pentagon light failed, I assume you had a Surefire (or 6) to fall back on?
    Jack
    SHOWER!!!!

SureFire? Yup, but it was only the little "Executive" model with a single lithium battery. Bright still, and reliable. My nitrolon coincidentally crapped out with a dead bulb but it was on it's .... lessee....about 20th set of batteries...not the first, like the Pentagon light. I still stay with the known quantity: SureFire.

I'm seriously thinking of a SureFire rechargeable model. Over 100 lumens! Anybody had any experience with these? I'm also looking hard at the X200 as a gunlight. I'm no longer so excited about the LED option, as I don't think it has the range of a more conventional light before washing out so I'm looking at other brands of gunlight to hang on my future USP 45. SureFire's seem too expensive for my taste and I'm certain that probably has to do with government contracts....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Umm, just a thought but if you lost power again wouldn't a rechargeable light be sort of like a paperweight after the first charge ran down? I believe the 9P is close to that lumen output, though I don't how the run times compare.

No experience with the weapons lights, interested to hear other's opinions though. Assuming it's to be a dedicated weapons light would holster availability become an issue? I'm guessing it would have to be carried owb.
    Jack

Exclamation No power? No problem....now

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Umm, just a thought but if you lost power again wouldn't a rechargeable light be sort of like a paperweight after the first charge ran down? I believe the 9P is close to that lumen output, though I don't how the run times compare.

No experience with the weapons lights, interested to hear other's opinions though. Assuming it's to be a dedicated weapons light would holster availability become an issue? I'm guessing it would have to be carried owb.
    Jack
    That's why God created generators! I'll post a link to some of the gunlights I'm looking at. I'm not sure they still make the 9P.

Blade-Tech has both IWB and OWB holsters that handle most popularly available gunlight combos. Comfort with them is rarely a problem. The draw from concealed is going to take practice, although I'm thinking this is going to be a nightstand gun rather than a carry piece with gunlight attached. For carry I'll just use a SureFire and the Harries technique, as always.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Just rechecked Surefire's site, it says the 9P is back for 2005 after being briefly discontinued. The lumen output is definitely up where you want it but battery life is the usual 1 hour, or 20 minutes with the optional 200 lumen P91 lamp ... talk about seeing stars!
    Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links