Wolf Springs in Glock Mags - Page 2

Wolf Springs in Glock Mags

This is a discussion on Wolf Springs in Glock Mags within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT If you are having magazine issues with a glock, why not just buy another magazine and send the one giving you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    If you are having magazine issues with a glock, why not just buy another magazine and send the one giving you trouble back to the factory?
    I spoke to Glock and they do not guarantee that the larger mags will work in a subcompact pistol. The mags are flawless in my 23. I'm going to the range tomorrow with all of my .40 S&W Glock mags and I will see which ones have issues and replace the Glock springs with Wolff springs. Or better yet, I will just replace one Glock 22 mag spring so that I have a spare mag for the 27.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Why weren't you pleased?
    I was having feeding problems due to worn mag springs. I figured I would give them a try. The problem was less but not good enough for a carry gun.

All other springs I have tried are top notch. There customer server is great. They worked with me till I no longer felt like working it out.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

you can buy the springs directly from wolff (the link you posted), midwayusa, or brownell's. I've dealt with all three sources, service was excellent from all of them. Bookmark the Gunsprings site though because it offers cross referenced applications between gun brands, lists factory specs for recoil springs and sometimes has better prices on combo packages or multi-spring packs.
    Jack

P.S. I use Wolff springs in all my guns and won't use anything else.

Thanks again to all of you for your replys. I went to the range this morning with all my mags numbered and figured out which ones need the springs. I went through about 500 rounds. The G22 mags seem to give me more trouble than the G23s. The 9 rounders were flawless.

For some reason when I fired rapidly all the mags worked without any hang ups. When I slowed down is when the last round or two wouldn't feed. I had a good grip with and without sleeves. It boggled me a little.

Anyway, I ordered a three pack and a single for the 22 as they are longer springs. The rep from Wolff stated that the 27 and 23 mag springs are the same.

So I'll take another trip to the range after I get the springs and see what happens.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I received my Wolff mag springs the other day. They delivered rather quickly. I put one in a 9 round mag that had a +1 Glock floor plate. I put one in a 13 round mag with a grip sleeve and one without. And I put one in a 15 round mag with a grip sleeve.

Previously all of these mags had issues feeding the last one or two rounds. I'm pleased to say that the 10 round mag ran flawless. The 13 round mag with the sleeve only failed to feed the last round twice, which is a significant improvement. The 13 round mag without the sleeve failed to feed the last round four times, which is also an improvement. I think that putting a grip sleeve on this one will help.

Unfortunately, there was no improvement on the 15 round mag with the grip sleeve. But that's ok. I can live with that. I'm glad enough that the 10 round mag and the 13 rounders ran much better.

Quick note: All mags were used between 8-12 times.

So, overall I'm pleased with the Wolff +10% mag springs. Thanks to all for the advice.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links