Defensive Carry banner

Suggestions for oil from Kel-Tec owners

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  cmidkiff 
#1 ·
I have heard in the past that some of these small, light autos like heavy oil or even grease. I own a Kel tec 380 and a 9F9. I have been using Berreta gun oil. I cannot seem to navigate the KTOG site to find anything.

Thanks J.S.

#4 ·
+2 for the CLP. Some on KTOG recommend using grease on the hammer-slide interface. It has worked for me. The last time I cleaned I decided to just stick with the CLP, but haven't been back to the range.

#5 · (Edited)
KTOG lube info
GoldenLoki.com

I mostly clean our P3s with Hoppes and Break Free CLP.

I mostly, but not always, lube the slides, hammer and block with a tiny smudge of Mobile Synthetic oil or CV joint grease OR lately a little EEZOX.

The rest of the weapon is lubed and protected (from our infamous PNW weather) by EEZOX which includes a cleaner, lube and reportedly excellent rust protector.

About 1 x per month....after all range sessions!

Unlike most I prefer the weapon to be running just a little low on oil. Usually just before range work I add a few drops here and there. Please recognize that my advice is a little unconventional.

Recently I removed all lube from the weapon and shot 2 mags with no problems ... I've really smoothed and polished friction surfaces.

Wife's weapon ripped thru 2 mags after being loaned out and uncleaned for 7 months ... just EEZOX treatment prior to.

There's no one way .. lots of good products out there.

Edit -- for the heck of it. I carried outdoors for about 2 hrs per day for about 20 months. During some of that time I used a bicycle lube designed for extended use in wet, muddy conditions: 'FINISH LINE, Cross Country, Wet'

#8 ·
After break in, just a drop of militec on each slide rail and a tiny bit of militec grease on the slide interface. If it's carried in a pocket, a very quick blast of compressed air to blow out lint. Keep KT pistols clean!!!

#9 ·
Militech grease on the slide rails and hammer/slide interface, Militech oil everywhere else, very lightly.

Has been working well on my P3AT and P11 for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.