New SureFire Pen!

This is a discussion on New SureFire Pen! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just takes one time. Its kind of like people that believe that they will never be in a car accident so they don't wear their ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New SureFire Pen!

Just takes one time. Its kind of like people that believe that they will never be in a car accident so they don't wear their seatbelt.
    You missed the point. I don't need a special tool to break the glass. I certainly don't need a $125 tool to do so. A Philip's head screwdriver will work as will lock blade knives, small metal hammers, a metal punch tool, one of those $14.95 window/seatbelt cutting/ice scraping tools, a rock, etc.

Maybe y'all drive around with absolutely nothing but Nerf products inside your car, carry a Nerf knife, and carry a Nerf gun for self protection, but not me.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

2. Remove Ads

I don't need a glass breaker to get out of my car...I have 7+1 chances of doing so successfully.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; August 10th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator

Thumbs up

Nice pen. Sleek design but, still rugged/tough looking.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ah yes; another toy that tries to take the place of a Fisher space pen + a fist.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    Did you get our discount price on them?

C4
    Just saw your reply... I would be very interested in seeing what the discount is!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I don't need a glass breaker to get out of my car...I have 7+1 chances of doing so successfully.
    But do you carry hearing protection in your car? It could be very difficult to orient yourself in the water with perforated eardrums.

Thats crazy Here is a better idea:

Heavy Duty Spring Window Punch

Paper Mate X-Tend Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, 1.0 mm, Black at Office Depot.

And you can afford to loose one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    We offer forum member discounts on them. Drop us a line.

C4
    Come on, drop us the line...what's the discount?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    Well I now know what the discount is... I love good stuff too and don't mind paying for top quality so I ordered one.

Oh, what was the discount you say? I ain't a tellin'!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    But do you carry hearing protection in your car? It could be very difficult to orient yourself in the water with perforated eardrums.
    Actually, I do. Even so, I don't know of anyone who has ruptured their eardrums after firing from inside of a car. Even so, you need not fire. If you have a gun, then you have a good emergency substitute for a hammer, don't you?

Do you really need a super expensive pen to keep track of for breaking glass? Come on! As philman said, that's crazy!
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    Do you really need a super expensive pen to keep track of for breaking glass? Come on! As philman said, that's crazy!
    Having flown to Philadelphia and NY, I carry my bottle opener to assist in my nocturnal libational forays: Blue Line Gear

If you're thinking inside the box...it can be pretty dark.

Imagine this.. Your at work and someone borrows your pen and shoots themselves lol. Makes for a good laugh and a law suit. Just a joke.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

Actually, I do. Even so, I don't know of anyone who has ruptured their eardrums after firing from inside of a car. Even so, you need not fire. If you have a gun, then you have a good emergency substitute for a hammer, don't you?

I was referring to firing inside of a car with the windows closed. It's going to be really loud, especially with a transonic round. As to whether I really needed this pen, I would be the first to agree that there are less expensive solutions. Call me crazy, but it isn't just about cost here. I also really like this item as a pen. As far as high quality pens go, the price is very good. I like the concept of this pen- real quality, and toughness not available in a Mont Blanc or similar high end writing instruments. And I'm not about to let it walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I was referring to firing inside of a car with the windows closed. It's going to be really loud, especially with a transonic round. As to whether I really needed this pen, I would be the first to agree that there are less expensive solutions. Call me crazy, but it isn't just about cost here. I also really like this item as a pen. As far as high quality pens go, the price is very good. I like the concept of this pen- real quality, and toughness not available in a Mont Blanc or similar high end writing instruments. And I'm not about to let it walk away.
    Well cost is a really big deal, especially the kind of cost this pen runs.

Yes, a gun will be very loud inside of a car, transonic or not, but I still don't know of any accounts of ruptured eardrums from incidents where guns have been fired from enclosed cars.

If you want to buy a high dollar writing implement, that is fine. However, the notion that this is some sort of automotive aquatic rescue device is a bit over the top. There are numerous better implements for breaking the glass of a submerged vehicle and most of us 'prepared' people already have those items on our person.

So can you cut seatbelts with that pen too? I didn't think so.

So can you cut seatbelts with that pen too? I didn't think so.
    No. However, Surefire is currently developing a matching mechanical pencil with an integral seatbelt cutter. Just joking.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links