New SureFire Pen!

This is a discussion on New SureFire Pen! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's something that I find useful - it also comes in black, and includes a carry pouch - The Rescue Tool has been developed by ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New SureFire Pen!

Here's something that I find useful - it also comes in black, and includes a carry pouch -

The Rescue Tool has been developed by Victorinox in close collaboration with rescue and safety services. It can be operated with gloves and has luminescent handles. Crate opener and one-hand blade can be locked in place through Liner Lock.

Large Lock Blade
    Phillips-Screwdriver
    Window Breaker
    Strong Screwdriver/Crate Opener with:
    Cap Lifter
    Wire Stripper
    Reamer, Punch
    Seatbelt Cutter
    Key Ring
    Tweezers
    Toothpick
    Disc Saw for Shatterproof Glass
    Luminescent Handles
    Nylon Cord
    Nylon Pouch
    Knife of the Year 2007!
    The title of Knife of the Year 2007 was awarded to the Victorinox Rescue Tool during the IWA, the largest knife exhibition in the world. The IWA International Knife Award has become an international reference and quality label: the Rescue Tool was picked

And here's a great YouTube link showing it in use -

YouTube - Victorinox - Swiss Army Knife - Rescue Tool

2. Remove Ads

Does it write?

Sure, after you replace either the toothpick or the tweezers with the Victorinox pen, but it's awkward for anyone with larger hands.

One day soon I'm sure some company will market an all-in-one device that writes, shatters glass, cuts seatbelts, dials numbers & makes coffee, all in a pocket sized marvel

Thanks ofelas. Very interesting video. Guess I'll have to buy one of these too.

Hey Howard - the only thing I don't use is that bottle opener as I drink the stuff out of twist off bottles...but what a useful tool, huh?

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    If you want a tool to "break Glass" other then your carry piece, a $5 spring loaded center punch works great. 1 solid punch in a corner will shadow an entire windshield. Used them in the FD, a pick ax was the second perfered method.

YouTube - Surefire Pen Operation

And here is a video on how to use the Surefire pen.

Twist clockwise to deploy the cartridge.
    "Deploy" the cartridge? Wow that sounds really tactical. You 'deploy' the cartridge to be able to fill out your lunch order while on stakeout.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I have a lever on the side of my pen. If I pull the end of the lever out away from the pen, it deploys an automatic ink evacuation sequence - the ink leaves the tip of the pen at escape velocity........

Despite the Surefire's ability to break glass, kill ninjas and deploy cartridges, I am hoping it's just a good tough pen to write with and I have one on order.

ink
    Quote Originally Posted by David III View Post
    I have a lever on the side of my pen. If I pull the end of the lever out away from the pen, it deploys an automatic ink evacuation sequence - the ink leaves the tip of the pen at escape velocity........
    that made me laugh heartily!

but on topic: the pen is cool and im a big fan of surefire but this pen doesnt really do it for me... you can get a tiny keychain that breaks glass AND cuts seatbelts for a fraction of the cost.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    YouTube - Surefire Pen Operation

And here is a video on how to use the Surefire pen.

"Deploy" the cartridge? Wow that sounds really tactical. You 'deploy' the cartridge to be able to fill out your lunch order while on stakeout.
    Thank goodness for this video... I would have never figured out how to "deploy" my cartridge without it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that this is a nice covert pain compliance tool. If you now come alongs and such it could be very handy, and it is something that people can't take away from you (I am referring to the legality issue, not being disarmed). Airports, jails, etc and a plastic bic isn't useful for that.

A pain compliance tool that can't be taken away for legal reasons?

You mean like a regular metal tube ball point pen? Cross makes a much less expensive version.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    A pain compliance tool that can't be taken away for legal reasons?

You mean like a regular metal tube ball point pen? Cross makes a much less expensive version.

But it's cool, and I'm willing to bet someone out there makes a holster that instead of just your mag and surefire flashlight, will also hold your surefire pen!
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

I've actually broken several pens in such a fashion, so I don't think so, including a cross (I used to carry them all the time too). Your mileage may vary, but using one across someone's wrist is alot of stress for most pens.

surefire makes some butt kicking lights. the rest of their stuff, though, could stand to use some realistic pricing. besides, inovas and streamlights are cheaper. i have a parker pen, that can be used to poke out an eye, and cost me $20.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links