Weaponlight

Weaponlight

This is a discussion on Weaponlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thinking about getting a weaponlight. I have been looking at the Insight M6 Tactical Laser Illuminator. http://www.action-lights.com/flashli...ght.asp?bhcp=1 Has anyone tried this one? How good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight

Weaponlight

I thinking about getting a weaponlight.

I have been looking at the Insight M6 Tactical Laser Illuminator.
    http://www.action-lights.com/flashli...ght.asp?bhcp=1

Has anyone tried this one? How good do you see the laser dot? How is the light in general?

I wouldn't personally feel the need for a weapon mounted light. I prefer a hand held on every occasion. Excluding one mounted on a long gun.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    I thinking about getting a weaponlight.

I have been looking at the Insight M6 Tactical Laser Illuminator.
    http://www.action-lights.com/flashli...ght.asp?bhcp=1

Has anyone tried this one? How good do you see the laser dot? How is the light in general?
    Ditch the laser, and spend the extra money for a newer/better light. With that said, the M3 is my current favorite, even over some of the newer and brighter models.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have the M6 and also the M3. Love them both. Easy to use, excellent user options, durable, and indispensable. I love the light/laser feature. Switch is reachable and remote pads are available. The CR123 batteries are readily available. Laser is red dot and white light is very bright. It's a night time S.O.P for me.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    If you decide to try something without a laser, consider the Insight XTI Procyon. After seeing a description of the effects of a strobe on the objective person, but not the user, I bought one. A shooting demonstration is available at http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...clg-rogers.mov.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    If you decide to try something without a laser, consider the Insight XTI Procyon. After seeing a description of the effects of a strobe on the objective person, but not the user, I bought one. A shooting demonstration is available at http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...clg-rogers.mov.
    I'm sold on it. That should go on every home defense pistol.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    I'm sold on it. That should go on every home defense pistol.
    Me too, one is on the way.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They are junk. The laser (mount) does not retain or repeat zero. The light is really outdated technology as well.

SL never intended for the the M3/M6 to be used heavily (meaning shot with them on the weapon).

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Is there anything available for long guns similar to that XTI strobe light?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post

SL never intended for the the M3/M6 to be used heavily (meaning shot with them on the weapon).

C4
    Typically, I hate posts like the one I'm about to make, but here it goes;

My M3 has been through at least 5 SWAT schools, countless training days in all probably more than 10K shots being fired mounted to a G22 or Sig 220... its riding on my Sig right now and works fine.

It is a little dated though...
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 7th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Typically, I hate posts like the one I'm about to make, but here it goes;

My M3 has been through at least 5 SWAT schools, countless training days in all probably more than 10K shots being fired mounted to a G22 or Sig 220... its riding on my Sig right now and works fine.

It is a little dated though...

Well I have personally burned thru 5 of them and all our LE/Military customers have the same issue. SL themselves are the ones that said that they never intended people to actually shoot with their lights mounted to weapons!

You got lucky and got one that is reliable. This is NOT the case for most other people.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    Well I have personally burned thru 5 of them and all our LE/Military customers have the same issue. SL themselves are the ones that said that they never intended people to actually shoot with their lights mounted to weapons!

You got lucky and got one that is reliable. This is NOT the case for most other people.

C4
    I just remembered that I did replace the bulb assembly once about 5 years ago after the first SWAT school I attended with it, but after that it did fine. Maybe I did get lucky, or maybe I take better care of my equipment... who knows.
    Do you have any thoughts about the new one Insight just released? Its appealing to me because I wont have to replace any holsters.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I just remembered that I did replace the bulb assembly once about 5 years ago after the first SWAT school I attended with it, but after that it did fine. Maybe I did get lucky, or maybe I take better care of my equipment... who knows.
    Do you have any thoughts about the new one Insight just released? Its appealing to me because I wont have to replace any holsters.
    Bulbs blowing are not that big a deal on a weaponlight. What generally goes on the M3/6 is the electronics and switch.

I don't know that there is any way to take care of a flashlight that would keep it from going TU.

I have played with the new Insight. I mostly stick with SF weaponlights as I believe they are the best.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Grant, what is your opinion of the Insight XTI Procyon versus the SureFire X300?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    Grant, what is your opinion of the Insight XTI Procyon versus the SureFire X300?
    I do not have one as I have not used the XTI yet. I have however run the X300 through MANY nightfighting/CQB schools without ever an issue. I also like the DG and XT switch line from SF so until ITT comes out with something like this, their lights are of little interest to me.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links