Have a EDC bag?

This is a discussion on Have a EDC bag? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hope this is in the right place. The idea of a EDC bag is a bit new to me thanks (buckeyeLCPL). So I wanted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a EDC bag?

Have a EDC bag?

Hope this is in the right place. The idea of a EDC bag is a bit new to me thanks (buckeyeLCPL). So I wanted to see what you all carry in your bags. Also, what kind of bag do you use?

Thanks to all!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

2. Remove Ads

EDC bag? Man purse?
    My every day 'stuff' is on my person.

Perhaps you were referring to something else?

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Maybe I should have clarified, EDC usually refers to the weapon, although your every day carry gear could include a bag I guess.

My EDC gear when not working is my 1911, mag, belt, 2 spare 7 round mags, knife, either spyderco waved delica or CKRT, surefire flashlight, cell phone, I can usually get all the on my person ok.

Now for patrols I carry a pack sometimes, but that doesn't transfer to the civilian world very well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Until I recently had a hip replaced the very idea of an "every day carry" bag was foreign to me. But, since the hip would not allow me to carry my CCW on my belt as per usual, the carry bag became an absolute necessity. Did some research and found that the products made by Maxpedition are absolutely superior in quality and workmanship. I chose a Jumbo and have remained an ardent and loyal carrier.

Won't bore you with specs and testimonials. Give the Maxpedition net site a look and you will be both amazed and pleased.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I am thinking more of if the sh** its the fan do you have a bag of supplies that you can crab and go.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Welcome to the wonderful world of acronyms, you want a BOB (bug out bag). I keep a bunch of stuff in my truck's tool box, but the truth is these days I would pretty much be unable to bug out.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

That's pretty much how I use this bag. Among other things I carry a gun, extra ammo, some water (look at the pic), knife and a multi-tool, and a lot of other "stuff" as well. EDC carry means that you may encounter a SHTF situation for which you must be prepared any time.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    . . . you want a BOB (bug out back).
    I think you meant "bag". No dis intended.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I think you meant "bag". No dis intended.
    Yes I did, thankfully I can edit my posts a lot on my mind these days.

Anyways, as far as a BOB, or SHTF bag, basics for me would be:
    Ammo/mags
    Food
    Water
    Medical supplies
    Good knife
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I carry a breifcase, does that count as an EDC bag?

It contains a pair of nail clippers, an LED flashligh, a small knife, a whistle with compass thermometer & magnifying glass, and a p38 can opener. All of this stuff is hooked together on a dog tag chain. I also have a swiss army knife in there.

As far as a BOB, each member of my family has one fully equipped with too much stuff to list here. Normally they are kept in the house, but I take a least my big one along on trips, even day trips. We also keep spare food water etc in the cars.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

My briefcase contains a spare mag for my carry gun, a backup gun & spare mag, small maglite, couple of small sharpies, 2m/70cm HAM radio, folding knife.

Try here

I have this bag as a diaper bag, one for my gear at work, and wife has one with a first aid kit in her car:
    EOD Utility Bag, Mine bag

Great company for BOBs and miscelaneous gear for them. For example, great 123 battery holders:
    Compact Military Battery Holder

Lots of these items have found their way into my work gear:
    Stevens Every Day Carry

I keep a Surefire light, some batteries, some trauma stuff, couple of snacks, cash, Glock spare parts "survival kit", 3 Glock 19 magazines and an MTM box of 50 rounds of 9mm ready to go. Really, just enough to get me from wherever I am to home or to work or to meet up with the wife and son. We have worked out communications, meeting places, shelter locations close and far away, etc.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I've got a flashlight, spare batteries, small first aid kit, emergency blanket and poncho, ipod and headphones, bug spray, hand sanitizer, knife, paracord, 2 bic lighters, pens/highlighters, calendar/planner/homework book, 2 mags for the XD, set of work gloves, safety glasses, my work badge and lanyard, small screwdriver/torx driver set, and a couple of bottles of water... oh, and my Leatherman, if I ever find it again. That's all stuffed into a Maxpedition jumbo versipack.

Camelbak Talon....keeps a ton of stuff. Working in Northern VA, if something bad were to happen, my only way out (i.e. home) is to walk out. day to day, it's PT gear. Otherwise, I can load out with water, P229 and/or P239, spare ammo, socks, Surefire 6PL, spare batteries, and blue & red filters, and a pair of gloves.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I grew out of the tacticool nylon bags. I have had a Saddleback Leather 16" briefcase for about a year now. The last EDC bag you'll ever need. They are cheaperst on eBay if you wait it out for a good deal.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links