BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts

This is a discussion on BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone familiar with BlackHawk generally and with their CQC Pistol Belts specifically? They have them on sale for $25.00. If they are really lizard ...

Thread: BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts

BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts

Is anyone familiar with BlackHawk generally and with their CQC Pistol Belts specifically? They have them on sale for $25.00. If they are really lizard skin and good quality gun belts thats a major steal. As a rule if things sound to good to be true it is a scam but thought I would check if anyone has any experience with the company or the product in case it is a good deal
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

I recommend Loopers leather and their Kydex line. I think mine was around $40 but I have used it daily for years and it still looks new and just as stiff as the day I got it.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have a 1 1/4" CQC belt. I needed a belt in a hurry so I got it there.

I have no problems with it. I've had it for ~6 months and it shows no signs of wear and it's sturdy enough for me. Construction (appearance, i don't mean durability) leaves a little to be desired as does the MADE IN CHINA stamp on the back of it.

Overall its a good value but had I not needed a belt in 3 days for a pistol class I would have rather spent the money with a leather worker in the USA like a forum sponsor.

Oh and I have the carbon fiber belt. I can't figure out how they do it. It doesn't look like it's stamped into leather. It feels almost like a rubber cover over the belt. It's weird, I can't explain it. It has held up fine but don't think you'll be getting real carbon fiber or lizard if that's what you're expecting.

JD
    Administrator
    I doubt it's real lizard, it's basically "pleather" in lizard pattern if I'm not mistaken

I have one (non-lizard) and like it, but I don't use it as an every day belt and can't vouch for it's longevity.

From BH

These Carbon-Fiber and Lizard skin finished belts give you the same appearance as any other 1 1/4 inch dress belt that is made of premium materials, with the added benefit of a reinforcement spine.
    I read that as it appears the same as a genuine lizard skin belt with reinforcement, rather than it is made of "premium" materials.

But I could be wrong.

***Edited to add:

I took another look at mine, I was wrong, it is the lizard pattern, and no it is no genuine lizard skin, shows how much I wear the thing.

Regarding Blackhawk, I've had a bunch of their stuff from slings to mag carriers, to holsters, to belts, and I can't say I've been disappointed in what I've gotten.

Thanks for the input. It does seem like its a case of if it appears to be to good to be true it isn't. From your input is looks like it may be an OK in a pinch belt or one used when you don't want risk tearing up your nice leather belt. But I think I will pass
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links