Microstream Light

This is a discussion on Microstream Light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't want to try and take over the Scorpion V'S G2 thread. But I have had a very positive experience with stream light lately. ...

Thread: Microstream Light

Microstream Light

I don't want to try and take over the Scorpion V'S G2 thread. But I have had a very positive experience with stream light lately. I'm an generally not a hardware guy and don't post or reply on hardware. However the Microstream light is, in my opinion worth mentioning. Take a look.

Streamlight - Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream®

I now have two of these lights. One goes with me everywhere. It is the solution to my off duty flash light carry needs. This light is bright enough for all of my tactical building searching needs. It fits in the corner of your pocket, takes an AAA battery, and works well for strobing/tactical work. If you shined it into a dirt bags eyes at night, he would be momentarily blinded for sure.

My other one is attached to my investigator jump out vest, to insure that I always have two flashlights. It only cost me $15 dollars per light, and it dose the job of a much bigger more expensive light.

Although I am highly recommending this light, I have to tell you that I haven't had it for a long time and can not tell you whether it is durable. With that said I am very happy with it.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Seems durable to me. I own 3 as of now. I work plain clothes security and carry mine every day since its so small yet just as bright as my G2 . They seem to take being dropped and bang about just fine. The AAA battery is a great feature.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJake View Post

Streamlight - Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream®

Although I am highly recommending this light, I have to tell you that I haven't had it for a long time and can not tell you whether it is durable. With that said I am very happy with it.
    I will say that if Streamlight puts their name on it, it's gonna be good enough for any public safety occupation. Should be very good for anyone in the civilian sector!

While I don't have this flashlight, in 30 years public safety I've owned several Streamlight products and all are pretty good. Some better than others and certainly some better names out there! But bottom line, I think Streamlight has great products! I think you got a good light for it's purpose Jake.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I just purchased one of these at a gun show last week, but haven't carried it much yet. Good to know...thanks!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Links