She said, "and all you bought was a flashlight?"

This is a discussion on She said, "and all you bought was a flashlight?" within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I made my first stop in the Denver Bass Pro Shops late last night. I'd heard a lot about how awesome the store was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She said, "and all you bought was a flashlight?"

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

She said, "and all you bought was a flashlight?"

So I made my first stop in the Denver Bass Pro Shops late last night. I'd heard a lot about how awesome the store was but I rarely get that far into town.

Well, it was late so I only had about 30 minutes in there before they closed. And when I got home, the girlfriend was already sleeping so she wasn't asking a lot of questions. And this morning she says, "and all you bought was a flashlight?" I said "yep!" and proceeded quickly in case the "how much" question came up. I think she'd be floored if she knew it was $107 after taxes and such. Picked up the Streamlight STRION rechargable.

She'll learn. Starts her first day of handgun safety training today. She's slowly been coming around.

2. Remove Ads

She's your GF, and she's already asking how much?
    Good luck when she becomes 'president' of the corporation...

Stay armed...if she let's you...stay safe!

(Great looking dog in your avatar...yours?)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

yea, we're single - acting married. Trying to sell my house and then there'll be a small wedding. I keep hearing about her bio-clock ticking....

My wife said "you paid what for that flashlight? Well, it better be a good one." Surefire G2 LED for mah pocket.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    yea, we're single - acting married.............. I keep hearing about her bio-clock ticking....

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

yea, we're single - acting married. Trying to sell my house and then there'll be a small wedding. I keep hearing about her bio-clock ticking....
    Best thing that ever happened to me. Married 7 years, just had our first child. Don't let the turkeys get you down.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

27 years - love her more now - wonderful to have a partner in life - agree with the brother above

Quote Originally Posted by tremor View Post
    27 years - love her more now - wonderful to have a partner in life - agree with the brother above
    No kidding. We just had our 1 year. Never thought I would have such a wonderful partner. She hunts, fishes, shoots, and best of all she loves to gut a deer!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

You only bought one flashlight. I have over 8 surefire's, 3 novatac's, 3 streamlights and 1 pellican and those are the expensive one's. Have alot of cheap ones. Dont feel bad my wife always asks HOW MUCH this time.....

DC Founder
    I am happy to say that my wife bought me my SureFire for Christmas so she knew how much it was
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Tinker , she wont limit the " You bought what for how much " to flashlights . My advise is that you immerse her in the self defense culture . if she gets it she lie my wife wont pitch one for spending a lot on what is needed . ( almost all of my paycheck has went into ammo and " arms if you consider kits arms , btw she also OK'd the purchace of a mill and a lathe . Her coyote gun is now home built . IMHO girls dont mind boy toys that are used , they mind bull crap toys that could have been better spent on her or the kids .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

My wife is the same way. She will ask the dreaded "how much" question about 99.9% of the time. Oh well, including your life partner in your financial planning can be a stress reducer for you, believe it or not. I would like to say that I am extremely motivated and excited by the response of the members of this forum in regards to marriage and the responsibility it holds. On another forum I *was* a member of, I was venting a little about some financial difficulties and ability to find a job, and all the guys on the forum were saying things like ditch the b**** and give the kid up for adoption. Needless to say I left that forum, but I just wanted to exhibit my thankfulness for having a group of like minded, marriage and responsibility supporting, family-oriented guys. It means a lot.

(don't mean to thread-jack here)
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

She's coming around. Started shopping for her own revolver
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

she's learned something, treat others the way you want to be treated...SO the newxt time you see her in those new shoes or the dress Dont ask how much they were.... probably coulda bought a couple more lights..

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Good luck when she becomes 'president' of the corporation...
    I'm married and I'm still the "President".

My wife is the Executive Vice President and CFO.-Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links