Flashlight carry modes

This is a discussion on Flashlight carry modes within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, just as the title states, how does everyone carry their flashlights?? I have a nice rayovac, 60lumens, runs on double A's. It's not a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight carry modes

Flashlight carry modes

So, just as the title states, how does everyone carry their flashlights?? I have a nice rayovac, 60lumens, runs on double A's. It's not a surefire, fenix, or other high end, but at 20 bucks it does the job! I have yet to find a way to carry it comfortably. The J frame smith rides behind the left hip, and speed strips in the back pocket. Wallet, cell phone and keys ride in the front pockets, and the Kershaw stays in the back right pocket...any thoughts...
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

2. Remove Ads

I have three NF-2 lights, I have the nylon sheaths but I find just placing it in the pocket, hooking the clip on the pocket itself works best for me. I have my light and knife in the same front left pocket.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I got some of these attached to my Oakleys...

Industrial Safety Gear

Actually, I have a Streamlight Junior LED that clips inside my left front pocket.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I just carry mine loose in the front left pocket.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Just loose in the pocket when in civvies usually.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I keep mine in a sheath on my belt, weak side, in front of my phone. Very quick to access.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Fenix L2D CE at 8:00 just behind cell phone. Fenix T1 at 5:00 behind M&P. Fenix L0D on keychain, and if I feel like it, modified Malkoff Surefire in right cargo. Extra CR123A's in right cargo.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    Fenix L2D CE at 8:00 just behind cell phone. Fenix T1 at 5:00 behind M&P. Fenix L0D on keychain, and if I feel like it, modified Malkoff Surefire in right cargo. Extra CR123A's in right cargo.
    Sounds like you could do your own laser light show.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why you keep the T1 (which I assume is your defensive light, being the brightest) on the same side as your gun? Seems like it would make it difficult to get to with your weak hand.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I keep my L4 LumaMax (100 lumens...2.5 hours) clipped to my weakside back pocket....
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Surefire

I keep a Surefire L1 in the little change pocket on the right side front pocket of my jeans. If not there, then next to my wallet in my back pocket. The other back pocket is a BUG, knife clipped to front pocket, CCW IWB with belt mounted mag or speedloader pouch.
    Last edited by Superhouse 15; August 2nd, 2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I keep my Nitecore EX10 on my keychain during the day (weak side front pocket) and at night they go into the Versipack and the E2DL (which was in the pack) rides clipped in the pocket instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I have three NF-2 lights, I have the nylon sheaths but I find just placing it in the pocket, hooking the clip on the pocket itself works best for me. I have my light and knife in the same front left pocket.

NCH

+1 on the nylon sheaths
    I carry a knife/stick sharpener and a light in a double nylon sheath
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post

Actually, I have a Streamlight Junior LED that clips inside my left front pocket.

I have one attached to my key ring.
    God bless our troops!

I have the same light as the OP, only the 3 watt/80 lumen model. I use the clip that came with the light to clip it inside my left pocket (cargo pants).

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Sounds like you could do your own laser light show.

Just out of curiosity, any reason why you keep the T1 (which I assume is your defensive light, being the brightest) on the same side as your gun? Seems like it would make it difficult to get to with your weak hand.
    It is easy to draw with either hand and is more adjustable on my belt because of the clip. I can't wear it on my weakside because I have too much stuff there, LOL. Between my phone, light, and mag, it takes up 7-8:45.

The Surefire is 235+ lumens, so it is a hair brighter than the T1, but the T1 has a little more throw if you look really, really hard. The Surefire has the Malkoff LED drop-in and has a more incandescent-like tint to it than the T1 and is more smooth.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links