Concealed carry equipment

This is a discussion on Concealed carry equipment within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have now ordered an IWB holster for my gun. But now I'm in search of equipment that will conceal my other things as well. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry equipment

Concealed carry equipment

I have now ordered an IWB holster for my gun. But now I'm in search of equipment that will conceal my other things as well.

I'm in need of concealed carry equipment for the following things:

Extra magazine (SIG Sauer)
    Flashlight (Novatac 120P and Surefire 6P)
    Cuffs
    Baton (26 inch ASP)
    Pepper spray

I'm interested in all suggestions available!

2. Remove Ads

Going to need pants that are about 8 sizes bigger than you wear now.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Going to need pants that are about 8 sizes bigger than you wear now.
    No, that wouldn't be necessary. You can't wear this IWB. The gun is in an IWB holster. But the other stuff can't be worn IWB, beacause that wouldn't be comfortably.

However, there are a lot of different other OWB holsters that can be used and have pretty good concealment. I just wanna know if you can recommend any, because there a lot of them on the market?

Stupid question here...
    Why do you carry cuffs and a baton? I assume that if in LE, they would provide the carry equipment.

Curious...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also would like to know why cuffs and a baton. You haven't used a name "Gecko45" in the past have you?

For CC a civilian is well protected with their sidearm, spare mag or reload, flashlight, good folder, and a cel phone. Some will also carry a BUG and teload for it as well, but cuffs are getting to be a bit much IMHO and could look bad in a court of law.

I carry my G23 strong side at about 3:30, spare mag OWB clip on at 7:00, celphone at 10:00, Large Folder and NF2 light in front left pocket, NAA Guardian in right front pocket, and two reloads for the NAA in right rear. Hope this helps. You will need to find what works for you though.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Administrator
    Unless its a requirement, ditch the last two items. Carry your cuff ins your left back pocket, spare mag IWB weak side and the light where ever its comfortable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I also like the DeSantis MagPacker pocket mag carrier. It's what I have been using lately and it's very comfortable.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Stupid question here...
    Why do you carry cuffs and a baton? I assume that if in LE, they would provide the carry equipment.

Curious...
    Yes, I'm a LEO. And yes, we get issued everything we need. However, we don't get issued the best things available. I choosed to get an IWB holster for example. That was not issued. I need to get equipment that is better than the ones I got. The biggest give away are the cuffs and theOC spray holder at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I also would like to know why cuffs and a baton. You haven't used a name "Gecko45" in the past have you?
    Gecko who? No I'm a special forces marine seal, working high risk mall security. I'm looking for a IWB for my SPAS-12 and AR15.

No. I'm a LEO and need to carry this for work detail.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Unless its a requirement, ditch the last two items. Carry your cuff ins your left back pocket, spare mag IWB weak side and the light where ever its comfortable.
    Well, I have had both baton and OC spray come in handy several of times, so I don't wanna leave them home. And I rather don't have that much things in my pockets. I had the OC spray in the pocket one time, but couldn't get it up when I needed it on the ground wrestling a guy. Fortunately my colleague could.

The baton isn't really a problem. I stick it in my belt in the front. But the OC spray container and the cuffs sometimes make my t-shirt tuck up a little, so if there are some good holders for them I would like to try them. The flashlight I can wear in the front pocket or in the leg pocket. But the other things I prefer to have on my belt somehow, where I'm used to have them. Just looking for holsters that will keep 'em tight on the belt or against the body.

Administrator
    J&L Self Defense Products.
    Great place to get OC Spray. Always fresh product.
    Call them up. Credit card safe/ Honest Company.
    My C Card # has been on file with them for quite some time.
    Lightning Fast Shipping. CLICK HERE TO GO THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    J&L Self Defense Products.
    Great place to get OC Spray. Always fresh product.
    Call them up. Credit card safe/ Honest Company.
    My C Card # has been on file with them for quite some time.
    Lightning Fast Shipping. CLICK HERE TO GO THERE.
    Thanks for the link. Any of these holders that you can specifically recommend for concealed carry?

Administrator
    I'd go with the new DPS - OC Spray.
    The range is greater than the Fox Labs units and the quality is equal to or better and the "Carrier" is more effective on oily and greasy skin.

DPS X-Stream-range™

Defense Sprays were specifically designed and developed to fill a critical void in the field with present OC sprays available.
    Thomas J. Archambault, who has more than 15 years of national and international OC certification training expertise as well as three years previous employment with a the oldest and largest manufacturer of defense sprays in the world, developed this concept. Tom was involved from the inception of OC with various patterns and formulations of defense sprays.
    He was also involved with training videos and related certification training programs for law enforcement, corrections and the U.S. Military worldwide.
    No one in the industry has more knowledge or credibility on the subject of OC related products, their usage, effectiveness and training.
    To help fill the industry void, a new partnership was formed; Defensive Protection Systems, LLC, or DPS for short.
    DPS has released a powerful X-Stream Range™ Defense Spray Product Line.
    The 4 oz unit has an incredible 20 Foot Range, while even the 1/2 oz. keychain fires accurately 15 feet'.
    Our 3 oz. Foam Canister has an unprecedented 10-foot range!
    This was unheard of in the defense spray industry before we developed the X-Stream Range™ line of sprays. The delivery system was designed to place a copious amount of visible OC agent on the facial area with an instant one second burst.
    This amazing spray delivers range and coverage with low cross contamination in the area.
    The significant advantage of the DPS X-Stream-range™ is distance; We call it the "DPS Range for Safety Advantage™.”
    The "Range for Safety Advantage™" gives you the advantage of keeping your distance from the perpetrator and still effectively defend yourself.
    For law enforcement, it gives them the same effective range of an Taser with a lot less liability and cost per use.
    No other spray in the industry has the long range capability of our Defense Sprays. Period. Whether it is foam, small ˝ oz key chain units, defense pagers, or 2-3-4-16 oz canisters. DPS spray on face. In addition, our stream and foam patterns provide instantaneous effectiveness with a super high-painted visibility factor for the officer to assess in an effort to reduce the over-spray factor.
    In addition, a special carrier has been formulated to dissolve the oils & fatty acids on the surface of the skin, causing opening of the pores allowing the capsicum to instantly gain access into the skin.
    In order to insure our spray was hot enough to do the job without playing the numbers game like so many companies do; we employed a certified laboratory for testing.
    The results showed that the DPS X-Stream Range™ Defense Sprays are safer and hotter than most sprays in the industry today.
    They actually tested out at more than 50% hotter than Fox Labs. Combine that heat with X-Stream Range™ and you have the most practical hard-hitting spray on market.

pepper spray, sure fire flashlight extra ammo never know when a gun fight might happen, its better to have it, well you know the rest of the saying

sig sauer according to their web site if you order an $8.00 spray can of any pepper spray it can only be shipped by ups ground and there is a $40.00 haz mat fee that sounds crazy i will call them up to verify that looks like they have a nice selection of products anyway thanks for the web site

Thanks for all of your input. However, I might not have been clear in my question, but I'm looking for concealed carrying holsters/holders.

I already have all the equipment. I'm looking for better holders for these things than I already got. I want the holder to hold these things tight against the belt or the body and not sticking out. Or conceal it better by offer horizontal carry of these things instead of vertical, like today.

So if you know of holders that we be good for concealed carry I would appreciate it.

I always worked in street clothing undercover, so I left the cuffs, and the OC spray back in the car.

But, if you have to carry it all.

Bianchi Gun Holsters - Concealment - Leather Accessories
    link to Bianchi concealment leather accessories

hope it helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links