Does Anyone Have A "Go Bag" Packed?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Have A "Go Bag" Packed? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all Was planing on packing a go bag to keep in closet just in case! Home invasion or Zombies to be able to fall ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have A "Go Bag" Packed?

Does Anyone Have A "Go Bag" Packed?

Hi all
    Was planing on packing a go bag to keep in closet just in case! Home invasion or Zombies to be able to fall back. What do you guys pack?
    Was planing extra mags , Knife , maybe back up gun ? ammo?
    what do ya think ? cuffs ?
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

2. Remove Ads

Me? I don't make plans too far into the future. My thinking is when you get surprised, you think on the go, and are more apt to go with your gut instincts upon bugging out. I like gut instincts...they've been around for a long time. Plans have always had the opportunity to go wrong, and when they do---they do nothing but set you back in times that demand going forward and never looking back.

If you don't nuke, bio, or chem me...I'm staying right here. Woods around me, and neighbors with machine guns...I have lots of ammo...various guns...everything else needed for an 'extended stay'.

Stay armed...keep buying extra ammo...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Am I the only one that uses the food saver to pack things that I want to keep dry? I have my travel ammo in individual food saver vacuum packed bags in lots of 10 & 15 to increase storage longevity. I also have clothing, socks etc, etc vacuum packed to reduce size and keep them dry in my BOB/BIB.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPerformance View Post
    Am I the only one that uses the food saver to pack things that I want to keep dry? I have my travel ammo in individual food saver vacuum packed bags in lots of 10 & 15 to increase storage longevity. I also have clothing, socks etc, etc vacuum packed to reduce size and keep them dry in my BOB/BIB.
    I used to store things in ziplock bags when I was backpacking. They are not as sturdy as food saver bags but they can be resealed.

I tend to be a very modular person. I have a fair amount of equipment with lots of redundancy.

I keep about 5 or 6 "go-bags" of various sizes and with various components.

Probably my most important bag is my swat team call out bag. While it is predominantly weapons, armor, ammo and medical gear... it also has some clothing, some electronics and some food as well as two of my 5 camelbaks. It is also basically set up for events of very short duration. Less than 48 hours. It will be going with me no matter what!

But for an evacuation of any sorts, I have a few others that I will take along with my swat bag. They are more comprehensive with emphasis on items to make field shelter, various methods of starting fire, water purification, clothing, ready to eat food, hunting/fishing, hygiene, camp gear including tents and field kitchen and stuff needed for longer trips and more hardships.

Each go bag has some sort of first aid kit, but then I also have a large comprehensive medical kit that can treat a squad or slightly larger number of people for weeks or longer. I can treat burns, fractures, lacerations and various injuries. Obviously without hospitals, people with significant injury won't fair very well beyond a few days. A major component of my medical stuff is for "preventative medicine" to include things like fighting infections, diarrhea, vomiting, fluid loss, electrolytes and address hygiene, sanitation and water purification in large quantities. That capability in and of itself is a real force multiplier during tough times or prolonged time spent in the field.

Obviously some kits may get left behind depending on whether I get a lot of notice for evacuation and whether or not a vehicle will be taken or if I'll be on foot.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Mo
    I keep a sort of E&E bag in my car that is dedicated to getting me from work, where I spend 1/3 of my time, to home, where I spend most of the other 2/3 of my time. It's basically a pistol sleeve that has extra ammo for my carry gun and supplies to make a night in the woods more comfortable (fire stuff, rope, knife, etc.).

I've got food and water for a few weeks as well as plenty of ammo and other supplies here at home, so my goal would be to get back here and bug-in if at all possible.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    The only one I've got is in my patrol car. It's a cheap ($9.99) black canvas bag with a shoulder strap and 6 external pockets from Cheaper Than Dirt!

It holds:
    4 30 rd AR-15 mags w/27 rounds each of 60gr TAP
    2 boxes each of 12 ga 00 buck and slugs
    Knee pads
    Small binos
    Small camo veil (just enough to cover the AR and my head and shoulders from the front when prone)
    2 bottles of water
    2 Power Bars
    Field dressing

I have a "get home bag"
    It has broken down MREs, space blankets, basic 1st aid supplies. Soon to have some water packets added to it.
    Oh...it also has my carbon 15 pistol with 6 20 round mags and 4 spare 10 round mags for my 1911.
    As a civilian I'm not "allowed" to carry a rifle/carbine but a AR pistol is ...well a pistol. Legal under my HCP.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

B52
    I have kits in both my cars. They consist of a box of MRE's, blankets, a change of cloths for the family, babywipes, tp, hunting knifes, flashlights, First Aid Kits, batteries, glowsticks, and small tool kit. My weapons are in my home so I can grab my AK47 and a 700 round can and anyother I see fit if SHTF. I also keep 24waterbottles in garage so we can throw them in any vehichle when we may have to leave. I was in Biloxi when hurricane Katrina hit, so I am still a little paranoid.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I have a three-day bag in my truck and a longer-term bag in the house. Neither bag has a firearm (that will become a permanent fixture to my person). I plan to stick it out at home until or unless forced to EVAC to the mountains.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I go offroading a lot in my truck, and have plenty of supplies in there to last a few days. It's a great bug out vehicle...but I've never really set it up for the purpose of buggin' out.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I built two bags, one for my daughter and one for the wife. These are carried in their car. Each bag has survival food and water for three days. Space blanket, poncho, knife, emergency sw radio, light gear, fire starters, and a rather complete med kit. I have a similar bag in my vehicle as well although not as complete. The food is similar to the type carried in lifeboats. The water is in aquablocs.

As mountain rescue and backcountry ranger I got calls .. we're expected to have a GO BAG with stuff to survive in all weather in mean mountains for 3 days + radio.

It's was a simple matter to set up our expedition packs(no longer used for expeditions) with the items we need in the wilderness for the long term.... wilderness is nearby. Use a FoodSaver, Dehydrator so food for about a month will fit in the packs, 44 mag and a 22 etc. More important we know what to do and where to go to survive.

But this is something we do not worry about much since we moved from the big bad city.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links