Wearing 5.11's - Page 2

Wearing 5.11's

This is a discussion on Wearing 5.11's within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to have a pair of 5.11 trousers and maybe a vest, but I do not normally buy clothes without trying them first. My ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing 5.11's

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I'd like to have a pair of 5.11 trousers and maybe a vest, but I do not normally buy clothes without trying them first. My Wrangler's are oversized enough to keep my 1911 inside the waistband and that's all I really need.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxdpm View Post
    With all the good reviews on this thread, I'm hoping someone will recommend a good on-line seller I could buy a pair (or two) of 5.11 from.

Anyone?

Thanks.
    V
    Do a google search for 5.11 clothing. You will find quite a variance in price offerings. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I have 1 pair of 5.11 pants, and two pairs of Woolrich Elite pants. I like the Woolrich Elite better. The 5.11's just seem a little too snug in the seat and crotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    I have 1 pair of 5.11 pants, and two pairs of Woolrich Elite pants. I like the Woolrich Elite better. The 5.11's just seem a little too snug in the seat and crotch.
    You need to lay off the doughnuts Sgt Mac.

I wear the pants a lot. Nobody ever notices them, they are just "cargo pants" to people, I think. I have had a couple of the younger people ask if I was "going hunting" or "are you one of those fisherman guys" a the local Starbucks. I don't wear the pants and 5.11 vest at the same time, though...too commando for my tastes.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxdpm View Post
    With all the good reviews on this thread, I'm hoping someone will recommend a good on-line seller I could buy a pair (or two) of 5.11 from.

Anyone?

Thanks.
    V
    This company usually has them in stock and seems to be very reliable:

LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 511 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk
    Last edited by libertarian5; August 7th, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Their tactical boots are good also.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Well, that's probably true, but.....the pants are all the same size. Same thing with my jeans.

5.11's are just.....different.

Some of you were around in the late 70's. Remember Brittania jeans? That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Compare with Levi's.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    OH OH! Be careful... he has a gun!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I wear them all the time......very durable clothes and all there gear also....I have had good luck with there gear....and there boots are awsome....my wife got me a new pair of the swat boots this past Christmas...very good boot to wear.......

VIP Member
    I've been wearing them for almost 4 years, cheaper than finding blue jeans long enough for me, comfortable, multiple colors to wear in situations that call for a step higher dress than blue jeans.
    I wore them every day for my last 2 jobs, great to mix and match with matching shirts.
    I wore my IWB kydex holster with my G30, 2 spare (13 round) mags in the left cargo pocket, wallet and OC in right cargo pocket, and my surefire G2 in the small pocket on the front. Worked great for me. I also wear the shorts in the summer. As others have said, cargo pants are pretty popular and I don't think anyone except other 5.11 wearers/LEOs/etc will notice that they are 5.11.
    I like 'em, got all of my stuff from Untitled Document
    great customer service and lots of cool products.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post

LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 511 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk
    They messed up my last order :-( sent me the wrong size (length 36 vs. 32) and now they want me to pay them for shipping to exchange them... the pants are nice but lapolicegear won't be selling them to me again.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by libertarian5

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    They messed up my last order :-( sent me the wrong size (length 36 vs. 32) and now they want me to pay them for shipping to exchange them... the pants are nice but lapolicegear won't be selling them to me again.
    I've posted several times in the past about the poor experiences I've had attempting to order from LA Police Gear. I won't order from them again.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    It's luck of the draw. I had great customer service and expeditious delivery when I ordered my Traser watch from them, but it took them nearly two weeks to ship my most recent order.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by pcctex View Post
    Thoughts on wearing 5.11's or other "tactical clothing". I wear 5.11 pants quite often. I have found them to be the best, most durable "cargo pants" available anywhere regardless of price. One can spend more money on name brand cargo pants and end up with inferior clothing. If the fact that I'm wearing 5.11's points out that I'm carrying a concealed handgun, then so be it. The only people who notice any particular type of specialty clothing are the folks that clothing was designed and built for in the first place. Most folks don't notice skater kids wearing Vans shoes. Skater kids do. Folks don't notice Luchese boots. Cowboys do. I don't notice high dollar Europeon cut suits. I don't wear them. Only women who carry $1,000 handbags notice $1,000 handbags; well I may be wrong on that one....

When I see someone in 5.11's, the term "tactical wannabe" never enters my mind. What I see is a probably armed person, and I think "Cool....someone else who will shock the crap out of a bad guy". So, I'll go on wearing 5.11's. The sheep will never notice. The people who do notice....for the most part; I trust.

pcctex

I sincerly doubt they would notice. Walk into any JC Penny, Kohls or what ever people have on the west coast that sells clothing. Cargo pants are in. They are even making back to school pants that look very similiar to 5.11 or Woolrich Clothing. I sincerly doubt that anybody (being bad guys) could tell the difference. If bad guys are doing something bad in a 7-11 that your in I doubt that they would take the time to look at the style of your pockets or the tag of your pants to determine that your a "tactical threat"
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links