Wearing 5.11's

This is a discussion on Wearing 5.11's within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw a mention of Levi's in an earlier post. Please consider carefully before buying Levi's. Levi Strauss is one of the largest corporate sponsors ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wearing 5.11's

I saw a mention of Levi's in an earlier post. Please consider carefully before buying Levi's. Levi Strauss is one of the largest corporate sponsors of gun control in America. Might have something to do with being headquartered in San Francisco.....

pcctex

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I've posted several times in the past about the poor experiences I've had attempting to order from LA Police Gear. I won't order from them again.
    Interesting. I switched to them because of a similar bad experience with USCav. I think a lot of the online web sites advertise items they don't have in stock, then take forever to deliver. The USCav order indicated they were in stock when I ordered, but subsequently showed "backordered" on their web site. After three weeks I got a refund.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

i've made several orders from LA Police Gear in the past year and everything was delivered fairly fast (within a week)... 1 order recently had an item on backorder but that just took an extra week for that item to come in...

Most recent order was a couple pair of Tru-Spec tac pants that came with a free Surefire G2 ordered Thursday & received following Wednesday...

Sorry some of you are having issues with them...

VIP Member
    I've had good luck with LA Police Gear, just received some socks today.

You can get 15% off any clothing item(s) with the coupon code "APPAREL".
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I've had good luck with LA Police Gear, just received some socks today.

You can get 15% off any clothing item(s) with the coupon code "APPAREL".

Thanks for the coupon code Thumper. I've always had good luck with LAPG myself.

I've also never had a problem with LA Police Gear.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Covert Khakis. Most comfortable pair of khakis I've ever worn. My only complaint with is that they don't come in black (granted I haven't look in a while).

I'm just about due to order a new pair or four.

Also whoever mentioned 5.11's boots was spot on. I was a fan of Magnum for many years, and finally decided to try something new when they discontinued the style I wore. 5.11 ATAC Shield FTW.

Mo
    I own 2 pairs of the 5.11 discreet tactical pants (regular khaki and their dark 'oak' brown). I love them and they're seriously styled like a set of flat-front dockers. Perfect for office wear. The only issue I had was that on the second pair, the belt loops wew sewn through the portion of the waist that contains the elastic, so the elastic stretch function was eliminated!

I also own about four 5.11 tactical shirts. I love them and prefer them to Blackhawk wear. I own 1 Blackhawk shirt and it's already lost 2 buttons and the buttonholes are deformed. I haven't even had the shirt half as long as I've had the 5.11 shirts.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Bacon View Post
    I've also never had a problem with LA Police Gear.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Covert Khakis. Most comfortable pair of khakis I've ever worn. My only complaint with is that they don't come in black (granted I haven't look in a while).

I'm just about due to order a new pair or four.

Also whoever mentioned 5.11's boots was spot on. I was a whore for Magnum for many years, and finally decided to try something new when they discontinued the style I wore. 5.11 ATAC Shield FTW.
    I'd try the 5.11 boots but for my money I'm buying Converse 8874's.
    Converse Tactical Safety Toe SideZip Boot plus FREE Shipping & Socks

try here

try this site Vtxdpm , they have free shipping on a lot of items.

OpticsPlanet.com - Shopping Cart
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

The vests must be issue for Pima County Probation, When ever I see someone in a ball cap, t-shirt and 5-11 vest I know its one of our SO's or PO's. I work IPS crews and they do checks in impound vehicles, but always the vest's, lol.

DC Founder
    You might try Rogue Elite for the Woolrich Tactical line of clothing. I bought a couple of pairs of pants from Jamie a while back and love them. They are similar to the 5.11 clothing line....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Some of you were around in the late 70's. Remember Brittania jeans? That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Compare with Levi's.
    I had a couple pairs of Brittanias, they were popular right after bell bottoms went out of style (I wore those too). Crap, I feel old now ... thanks Sarge!

The only 5.11 clothes I've bought so far in a pair of the jeans. They fit about like Levi's 505s and are made from good quality, heavy denim but they run a little snug so I'd recommend buying one size larger in the waist.
    Jack

How do the 5.11 pants fit? Do they run small or large? Are they baggy or slim fitting?

I'm 5'8" 205, and wear 36x30 size pants. I tend to wear my pants fairly fitted and do not like them ultra baggy. I've tried on a million pairs of regular khaki cargo pants and find them feeling like I am wearing MC Hammer pants.

If I order some, I am going to order 2-3 pairs. I just don't want to waste money on these if they are going to be really baggy.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by roffles View Post
    How do the 5.11 pants fit? Do they run small or large? Are they baggy or slim fitting?

I'm 5'8" 205, and wear 36x30 size pants. I tend to wear my pants fairly fitted and do not like them ultra baggy. I've tried on a million pairs of regular khaki cargo pants and find them feeling like I am wearing MC Hammer pants.

If I order some, I am going to order 2-3 pairs. I just don't want to waste money on these if they are going to be really baggy.
    I would go with a size up on the waist . I think they are cut a little small and short so sizing up makes them comfy without being baggy or to loose.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I would love to wear 511 cargo pants, but they just don't want to make them in my size! Definite discrimination against fat people!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links