Wearing 5.11's

This is a discussion on Wearing 5.11's within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by semperfi.45 I would go with a size up on the waist . I think they are cut a little small and short ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wearing 5.11's

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I would go with a size up on the waist . I think they are cut a little small and short so sizing up makes them comfy without being baggy or to loose.
    Are the shirts sized small as well? I am thinking about putting in an order for some things and was wondering how to go when on the border size wise.

2. Remove Ads

This sizing issue is a little odd to me. I have always thought the 511 pants to be loose fitting compared to Levis. That is not true for the nylon ones, though. They are a snugger fit than the cotton. I'm a 32 X 32 in Levis, but 30 X 32 Cotton 511's fit me just fine. 511's are the only pants I buy.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Napa Nick View Post
    Are the shirts sized small as well? I am thinking about putting in an order for some things and was wondering how to go when on the border size wise.
    The shirts are true to size, but they are long so they stay tucked in. For me, too long for untucked wear.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I wear the 5.11 holster shirt alot, but other than a 5.11 BDU belt that's about it. The vest (IMHO) screams "I've got a gun" but I'm in GA where on a dry day the humidity is 98%. I'm not a fan of cargo pants, don't like the flappy pockets. I'm thinking about trying the khaki conceal dress pants.

Quote Originally Posted by mykeld View Post
    I wear the 5.11 holster shirt alot, but other than a 5.11 BDU belt that's about it. The vest (IMHO) screams "I've got a gun" but I'm in GA where on a dry day the humidity is 98%. I'm not a fan of cargo pants, don't like the flappy pockets. I'm thinking about trying the khaki conceal dress pants.
    I have several pair of the dress pants from 5.11. I wear them all the time and they are quite comfortable. They are heavy though. In the GA heat and humidity, they are warm. They are nearly as heavy as jeans.
    I purchased my first three pair of 5.11s the same size as my jeans. The next pair I ordered two inches shorter.
    You will not be disappointed in the quality.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

I have some 511's but I found another brand called " Propper they make good bdu's as well as tactical wear. Their tactical pants fit me better than 511's and they are a few dollars cheaper than 511's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links