Also looking for right flashlight

This is a discussion on Also looking for right flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't want to take over the other mans thread so I'll start my own.I'm looking for a really bright light under 5 inches long ...

Thread: Also looking for right flashlight

Also looking for right flashlight

I didn't want to take over the other mans thread so I'll start my own.I'm looking for a really bright light under 5 inches long that I can carry in a shirt pocket,at least 150 lumens ,with clickable tail button.I woulf prefer it to have a polymer or rubber body as metal ones tend to slip in my hand.I have arthritus and my grasp isn't as good as it used to be.I would like to keep the price under $75.00 if possible,also would like to have a pocket clip if possible.Thanks. sj

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I was going to recommend the same thing I did in the other thread, but if your grip is a problem, I would look for lights with a "tactical ring". It's a raised ring near the mid-point of the flashlight, designed to allow you to hold it securely between your index and middle finger, but it also serves to keep the light from slipping forward as you push the tailswitch in a normal grip. Might be just the thing for someone without a steel-crushing grip.

I don't own one, but the Fenix TK10 and TK11 both have this ring and pocket clip, easily exceed your lighting needs, and are right in your price range. If they're built as solidly as the other Fenix lights (which I assume they are), they will be excellant.

EliteLED.com - Fenix TK10 Tactical Flashlight
    EliteLED.com - Fenix TK11 Tactical Flashlight

If you don't want a Fenix light, I know SureFire and others have similar lights that are also high quality.

Edit:I should mention, though, neither TK light is small. They're both over 5inches long. Pocket carry would depend on how big your pockets are.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Thanks Bob,the tk-10 sounds about what I was looking for. it isn't made of rubber but it does have the ring.That would help to keep from slipping in my hands and it is certainly bright enough.sj

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I highly recommend Fenix. I have the T1, which is similar to the TK10, and it is very bright and very well made.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Looking for the right flashlight

Look at DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1). They have a 230 lumens LED flashlight for 19.99 and free shipping. Yea it is Chinese but for the money it is a "wonder flashlight". If you lose it,you won't wonder where you lost it.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Fenix has a new flashlight coming out called the TK20. It runs on AA batteries, has a rubber grip sleeve, and offers 150 lumens of output on Turbo as well as a 45 lumen general use level. It is available for preorder right now.

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...roducts_id=531

Links