Crimson Trace for the Keltec

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace for the Keltec within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thanks everyone for the replies. nch, i had taken a look at the armas when i first bought a keltec about 4 years ago. (flawless ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimson Trace for the Keltec

thanks everyone for the replies.

nch, i had taken a look at the armas when i first bought a keltec about 4 years ago. (flawless after 500+rds)
    It looks like they have really improved since then.
    I like the sensor in the fact that you dont have anything messing with your usual grip, but im worried about the laser being activated in you pocket and running out the battery. (ie pocket lint or holster)

Any problem with this?? Also do they make a pocket holster to accomodate the p3at with the laser?

thanks
    -mac
    Last edited by Macattack; August 17th, 2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: derrr
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

2. Remove Ads

I don't have a lasermax I just thought you may be interested in the listing I found. I have the CT grip on my G23, but nothing on my NAA Guardians.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

thanks everyone for the replies.

nch, i had taken a look at the armas when i first bought a keltec about 4 years ago. (flawless after 500+rds)
    It looks like they have really improved since then.
    I like the sensor in the fact that you dont have anything messing with your usual grip, but im worried about the laser being activated in you pocket and running out the battery. (ie pocket lint or holster)

Any problem with this?? Also do they make a pocket holster to accomodate the p3at with the laser?

thanks
    -mac
    No, it will not activate in your pocket.
    Yes, ArmaLaser has one on their site Home make by K&D
    and I have a Kydex one made by Grandfather Oak

Why I like my Grandfather Oak Pocket Companion for my P-3AT with ArmaLaser.
    Stockdesigns
    1] Very Light
    2] Very Thin
    3] Does Not Absorb Sweat
    4] Stays In Place In Pocket
    5] Gun Snaps In Very Positively, yet ...
    6] Draws Easily, and ...
    7] Holster Stays In Pocket During Draw
    8] Will Probably Never Wear Out
    9] Not Expensive
    10] Needs No Maintenance

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Anything to help in a terrifying situation is good to me. I'm waiting for the LCP model for my daughter's gun. She's already a great shot, but a laser can't hurt.
    Should be available at end of August. First run of 50 are out to employees and reviewers. See Jeff Quinn review here. Crimson Trace LG-431 Laser for the Ruger .380 LCP.

I use LCP as EDC for a BUG. Will add LG-431 as soon as available.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I know lasers are goofy on just about any pistol, but a keltec!?? Dont waste your money.
    I wait for your opinion on many matters presented on this forum before making up my own mind.

In this case, however, I disagree. First and foremost, a laser is an excellent training tool in the fundamentals of shooting. Even top sports figures practice fundamentals all the time. Good enough for me.

Second, most of us are not professionals like a LEO. Anything to help us act confidently and effectively is a plus in my view. A laser can fail, so practice with it off is also in order.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Bob o
    Great pics! I see what you mean, I will definately buy a grandfather oak holster. Love the curved design to conform to your hip/leg.
    How much was yours? Can't seem to find one for a laser equiped p3at on the site. You said it was custom? How long is the wait?

I think I will definately purchase the armalite. I know my keltec like the back of my hand, but more than likely any attack is going to be dark and possibly during a one armed wrestleing match while i go for my gun with one hand and fight off an attack with the other.

Also a laser dot on a BG's chest is a heck of a deterent!! It may help my chances of avoiding a shooting by only a tiny bit, but thats worth 150 to me. And these are easy to resell if they suck.

To everyone who doesn't believe a laser is a good idea, sometimes you have to let the kid touch the stove to find out for himself

Thanks
    -mac
    Last edited by Macattack; August 20th, 2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelink=harde
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

I got a p11 IMHO putting a laser grip on it is a waste of money,in fact I'm with sixto learn to point shoot I see people at the range wasting time chasing lasers around the target
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have an armalaser for sale for the P3AT...email me if any one is interested....

It took a lot to convince me about laser grips. Finally a DUSM friend gave me a demo on why aand how to use them on your BUG. If you are on the ground or in a strange position, just put the red dot on the perp and pull. Less movement, more choices, less fine motor control under pressure. If a Deputy US Marshall can trust his life to them and can demonsrate there usefulness - then I an satisfied - I put a set on a J 342PD - I plan to put them on all my small backups including the KT's as funds become available.
    never thought they were any good - just a toy to let the cat chase but I have changed my mind. GOOD LAST CHANCE OPTION!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links