Mini-Gun Vault top notch service

This is a discussion on Mini-Gun Vault top notch service within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a mini-gun vault, made by cannon safes, it has the electronic touch pad in the shape of a hand so you can enter ...

Thread: Mini-Gun Vault top notch service

Thumbs up Mini-Gun Vault top notch service

I purchased a mini-gun vault, made by cannon safes, it has the electronic touch pad in the shape of a hand so you can enter your code quickly and without looking. I purchased it over a year ago and it worked fine until recently, when I enterd my code it made a whirring noise and failed to open. I called customer service and asked them if this might be a battery issue, I didn't think it was because it had never made that sound before. To make a long story short, he confirmed my suspicions, then asked me for the serial # and model # and where I brought it and said he was shipping a new one to me right away, 5 days later its at my door with a return lable for the old one no questions asked. Great hassle free customer service!

2. Remove Ads

Curious, do you have a photo?

The customer service may be good, but the failure of the product would make this an unacceptable choice for me. Imagine if you really needed the gun, and the safe failed to open.

The safe I use for my bedroom handgun is 100% mechanical, no batteries, no keys. It always works.

Here's the one I use:
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Heres a pic

[QUOTE=JonInNY;820390]The customer service may be good, but the failure of the product would make this an unacceptable choice. Imagine if you really needed the gun, and the safe failed to open.

The safe I use for my bedroom handgun is 100% mechanical, no batteries, no keys. It always works.[QUOTE]

I would generally agree with you...but only if you keep your gun locked up when you might need it. Now you might have kids or another reason that your gun can't be at the ready, but I have a couple options if the BG comes poking around the casa. Everything but my CCW and BUG get locked in the vault only when I'm out of the house and for those like me, this safe can still be an excellent choice...electronic gizmos and all.

Considering the customer service he received I might consider one of these, I've been eyeballing them for a while and the fact that they sent an advanced replacement without requiring a credit card is amazing. Two thumbs up for them!
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    Heres a pic
    No pic! Try again!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Sorry about the pics I'm having trouble posting a pic for some reason. I keep this safe in my car, I use it to secure my weapon when I go into places I'm prohibited from carrying. I also put other valuables in it as well, mini-camcorder, checkbook etc., of course it does have a key in case of battery failure, although in the year I had it I never had to change the batteries.

Links