Defensive Carry banner

Pistol Safe

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
Can anybody recommend to me a good pistol safe, prefer an electronic one. Thanks!!!

#3 ·
I just saw this one...
DAC Safe

It's got a key and a 4 finger pad. Not so hot on DAC, as their cleaning kits are junk, but this safe looks pretty cool and the reviews are good.

#5 ·
I've had a GunVault. It was a very good mini-safe that I let someone borrow that turned into a permanent borrow. You can mount it just about anywhere, and the door is spring-loaded so you can even mount it upside-down. it has a finger-pad lock, or you can use the key, and has a lock-out if someone keeps typing in the wrong code (plus it has a tamper light).

#6 ·
I'd go with the GunVault, like Betty said.
The DAC is the same thing, but questionable as far as durability etc.

I thought the DAC would be significantly cheaper than the GunVault, but it's not. I found GunVaults as cheap as $80.00

Gun Vault

#7 ·
I seem to remember Euc has one - may be wrong.

Anyways I am thinking of the touch pad type which with practice is supposedly fast for access. That for me would be a major prerequisite.

#9 ·
If you want the Cadillac of safes, you can go with one of the biometric ones. Costly, but quite cool.

#11 · (Edited)
usable space

These look like good products.

Betty's link lists both the outer dimensions and the inside dimensions of the Gun Vault.

Euclidean, the Secure Vault page gives one set of dimensions (12.75” x 9.2” x 7.5”) for your model 33013. Could you check to see if these are the outer or inner dimensions?

Only at rare intervals is anyone in my house other than my wife or me, so I have not given much thought to these safes until recently. But I have too much imagination and have thought of an intruder finding my stash of pistols and ammunition, loading a pistol, and using it to assist further criminal activity.

So I am thinking of possibly 2 safes: one for pistols I am not carrying and one for ammunition, since I don't think I could squeeze it all into one of these.

#12 ·
That seems to be the external dimensions at a cursory examination. I do know it's big enough I can fit any two of my handguns in it without stacking them on each other.

I also use mine when traveling just to stick stuff in.

If you do go with the ADG, try to get one at Academy for $50. Can't beat that. The Gunvault is probably a slightly better product. I looked at one and was impressed with it.

#13 ·
These are a little pricey, but for fast access they are hard to beat. http://www.contractorstools.com/isteki.html Just place your finger tip on the pad and it unlocks. I use mine mostly in my vehicle to keep my firearm secure at places I cant carry. It comes with a cable which I wrap around the base of the seat in my vehicle. If you look around a little you can find them on sale, I have even seen a couple of them on ebay. I have been very happy with mine.

#14 ·
Pistol safes

I am trying to find some reviews, information and receive "experienced CC input" on this type of pistol safe.

http://www.center-of-mass.com/About_Product_Safe_Incar.htm

I realize a "Cable Lock" is much less secure than a welded or bolt-in safe, but convenience and the ability to move these from car to car, hotel rooms, etc. adds some flexibility I like. While used in a car, they would always be very well hidden, and perhaps have three dogs with with them (a Dobie, a GSD and a dumpster dog). While not "ideal" in all respects, does anyone have experience with these, or have some observations and input they'd like to share?

Thanks for your time and input!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.