5.11 shorts

This is a discussion on 5.11 shorts within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well my package arrived yesterday from OpticsPlanet, i got my first pair of cotton canvas 5.11 shorts. these things are great. so well made. i ...

Thread: 5.11 shorts

5.11 shorts

well my package arrived yesterday from OpticsPlanet, i got my first pair of cotton canvas 5.11 shorts. these things are great. so well made.
    i would have been wearing these a long time ago if i had known how good they were.
    im still finding (to me) new things i guess.
    they wont be my last pair now that i know about them.
    later everybody
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

How do they fit, are they right on target with normal pants wear?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

OMB has em on sale. I wish they were a little lighter fabric here in Phoenix, but in another 2 months they will be perfect. Nice spare mag pocket too. I ordered 1 pair to try em out and will be ordering more.
    G23 for me and a G26 for my bride.
    AR15 for backup

The 5.11's are well made but IMO the pockets are not deep enough to properly conceal my 642. I've found that the Columbia Cliff Lake II shorts from Kohl's have a nice roomy deep pockets for pocket carry. You'll save a few bucks also.

VIP Member
    I have 4 pairs (one of each color), had 'em 3 years, love 'em
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

5.11 shorts are the only shorts I wear...I have about a dozen pair...tan, black, and green...very comfortable.
    During the first year or two these thing fit perfectly, but I have noticed that during this past summer...every time my wife washes them, they seem to shrink a little

Stay armed...lock the frig...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    How do they fit, are they right on target with normal pants wear?
    i normally wear a size 34, but w/the cotton canvas 5.11 i got a size 36 and im glad i did, if you are going to carry iwb like i do get them a size larger.if you wear a size 34 w/out a iwb holster then get a size 36 for wearing w/a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    The 5.11's are well made but IMO the pockets are not deep enough to properly conceal my 642. I've found that the Columbia Cliff Lake II shorts from Kohl's have a nice roomy deep pockets for pocket carry. You'll save a few bucks also.
    i guess so. im not much of a pocket pistol fan. my gun comes out of my kydex holster like lightning, so they work perfect for me and my IWB sig.

these shorts are just another thing i would not have known about if it were not for D.C.COM, thanks everybody...

Quote Originally Posted by C4 MAX View Post
    OMB has em on sale. I wish they were a little lighter fabric here in Phoenix, but in another 2 months they will be perfect. Nice spare mag pocket too. I ordered 1 pair to try em out and will be ordering more.
    the navy color are on sale but in only 3 sizes and not 36, i got mine at optics planet for 35.99 w/free shipping. most places have them for this price. i would buy several at once if i could find a really good deal on them.shorts never go to waste in south central Texas.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I don't have any of the shorts but I down a few pairs of the original 5.11 tactical pants. I'm a 36" waist and the little bit of elastic has allowed me a bit more comfort than other pants without the elastic. You might say that I'm a bit more than a 36" Uggggg

All around their the best cargo type pants I can find. Their made to take hard use and built with extra stitching at all the stress points. Added padding at the knees and butt area. Good hard work duty cargos.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

the shorts are just like the pants skygod,except cut off just above the knees.

― Thomas Paine

I've found that the sizing of 5.11 shorts is not the same as 5.11 pants; you usually need to order one size larger in the shorts, or they may feel tight.

Also, the newer nylon 5.11 pants now have a diamond-gusseted crotch panel for enhanced freedom of movement when squatting or climbing, but this isn't available in 5.11 shorts, unfortunately.
    Humani nihil alienum

VIP Member
    I love 5.11 Academy shorts too. Last night I went to investigate a sound outside and was able to slip my 1911 in my pocket with my hand on the grip... I sure couldn't do that in my Levis!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links