gunvault - possible ND?

gunvault - possible ND?

This is a discussion on gunvault - possible ND? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a gunvault mini deluxe. I have loved it. We have the main gunsafe up high on a closet shelf so the kids ...

Thread: gunvault - possible ND?

gunvault - possible ND?

I just bought a gunvault mini deluxe. I have loved it. We have the main gunsafe up high on a closet shelf so the kids don't know where it is. Problem is, my wife couldn't reach it while I was at work. I talked with her about lowering it so she could access it but she didn't feel comfortable with that. So I bought a gunvault mini deluxe. We made a code that we could both easily remember, and now I can relax at work. It's been about a week now. When I went to put my sig back in for the night last night, I noticed something that has me very worried. The door falls down just like a drawbridge (without chains though!), and on the inside top edge of the door is a latch, which catches into a recess on the inside (see attached image). The problem I have is: the latch is the perfect width to find its way into the trigger guard as you're carefully placing the gun back into the gunvault. I think if this were MADE for guns, why didn't they take this into account, and make the latch like 1.5 inches wide, negating any possibility of it catching the trigger as you slide the gun in?! I should point out, this image was copied from gunvault's website. It is obviously distorted, or 'squashed' to look taller. I give you my word: if the image here were true to dimensions, it would be obviously easy to place the gun inside. I mean, I can hardly fit my hand in there to remove and replace the gun without moving the safe around (going to have to bolt it down I think). Does anyone know any models that don't have any obstructions like this that could cause problems? If so, does anyone know the return policy for gunvaults? I know it'll just take extra care to avoid the problem, but dude, come on.
    Attached Images

You might want to consider the V-Line safe. It's a mechanical combination (no batteries or electronics or keys). You can program the comination to anything you want- one button to 5, and even simultaneous. I've had mine for quite a whule, bolted down, and since it has a cover that opens like a book, there's nothing to catch or grab.

It's available at Cabela's and other places.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I wouldn't worry about it. I have the same one and it is not a problem. I used some industrial strength velcro to hold mine to the nightstand. I only use mine at the end of the day to make sure my son doesn't have access to it. I never come close to that latch when putting it in or taking it out.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I have however heard of the round key on the gunvaults being defeated with a bic pen
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Hmmm. Never noticed a problem with mine. I actually keep 2 guns in it, as my P3AT fits perfectly in the back beyond my XD. Clearance is too low to get to my P3AT without removing the XD, but You get what you pay for, I guess, and I paid for a small nightstand model so I can't really complain about it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

gunvault - possible ND?
    All of my pistols enter the safe with an unloaded chamber...they come out of the safe with an empty chamber and full magazine. My instant access methods don't involve a safe of any kind.

VIP Member
    I use the Gunvaults in my vehicles. I am careful when I place the weapon in it....I don't want to scratch it, so that mindset makes sure I don't hit the hook on the doors.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    I have however heard of the round key on the gunvaults being defeated with a bic pen
    Havent seen it done on a gunvualt but there were videos all over the net a few years ago showing how to defeat bike locks that way..... In theory it would probably be simular

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    " scew it i am not going to wait for functions to load ...

You said but dude, come on " and i ask you the same . Look no weapon you lockup will be " secure " Secure is bury the dammed thing or dont own it to start with . You simply cannot do " secure " and at my house at the same time , we call this personal responsibility . It changes naught if you have a safe or stow the piece under the mattress , that is a matter of cost and affordability .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Sponsored Links