Defensive Carry banner

5.11 under shirts

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  mykeld 
#1 ·
Is there an appreciable difference between the 5.11 under shirts and those made by Fruit of the Loom and others more commonly available? I see that they have "moisture wicking", but then any fabric against your skin wicks away sweat to some degree. I am asking since I have been having issues with rust on my mag release and grip screw on my P-01 that returns daily after oiling nightly. :aargh4:I am going to order a new mag release and grip screw and don't want to keep having the same problem. Any input on the 5.11 shirts or other solutions for rust prevention while carrying IWB during the Texas summer months would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Searn

#4 ·
They’re a bit longer than regular undershirts so they stay tucked in, no annoying tag in the collar and they keep me dry. A 3 pack is $20.00, not bad at all! :hand10:

#7 ·
Been wearing them for years and I have never found any T-shirt that can compare. Comfortable, long enough and last a long time. I have some that have been worn and washed about 30+ times and still fit and wear like new.

#8 ·
I have 5.11, Underarmor, and Wal-Mart brand. I think the 5.11, with the ribbed panels, is the best built of the brands, but the Wal-Mart priced ones are tough to beat for the money. I can't tell you if one works better than the other, but they all work, it's just a matter of how many washes they will last. That is my UNscientific opinion based on wearing them under a vest in Texas heat. All sure beat the heck out of cotton by allowing evaporation.

#11 ·
If your stuff is rusting up, try waxing it. A good car wax will usually keep the rust off of it.

First,clean it well, then wax it. When the wax drys, buff into the part. Do this a couple of times. You will find that your stuff quits rusting up.
That sounds like it might work but what should he do about rust on his handgun? :tongue:

#12 ·
Thanks alot!

I am waiting for the 5.11's to arrive, but the ordinary ones are making a world of difference.

I am working on getting the rusty PISTOL parts :biggrin2: chromed, but will try the wax suggestion in the mean time.

Thanks again,
Searn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.