Botach Tactical

Botach Tactical

This is a discussion on Botach Tactical within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a new Glock 30 2 days ago. It came with 2 10 round magazines. Knowing that I'll want more, I did a Google ...

Thread: Botach Tactical

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Botach Tactical

I bought a new Glock 30 2 days ago. It came with 2 10 round magazines. Knowing that I'll want more, I did a Google search, looking for the cheapest price. I decided on Botach, since they had Glock Mags for $19, which is $7-$10 less than I saw elsewhere. I ordered 4 of the 13 round Glock 21 mags from them, and a couple of magazine extenders from another site. The mags arived this morning. Now, I bought them on line Monday night, which was Labor Day, and they arrived at my house 26 hours later. That's incredible! Absolutely fantastic service. I was hoping that they would come by Saturday, to take them to the range, but I never epected them to arrive so quickly. Way to go, guys!

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Just when you think the world is all messed up.........someone comes along and still beliefs in taking care of their customers........ I will have to check them out..
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Botach has one of the worst reputations out there - search this site before putting too much money in the breeze!

My order was less than stellar. Ordered, then nothing, nothing, more nothing especially not a returned call, then more nothing, then a box with some mags shows up. No packing material, just loose mags in the box....

Botach seems to have selective customer sevice. whenever i've ordered anything, i've never had an issue. i got my stuff wiuthin a week, as promised. others have had the same result. then there are those who got dealt a nightmare from them. bottom line: buyer beware.

As pointed out on a couple of forums, Botach seems to do fine UNLESS the item ordered is not in stock (most common problem) or there is an actual mistake with the order (not common). Either way, getting proper resolution seems to be a prolonged process.

I have probably ordered 20 times from them and had 1 backorder problem and 1 mistake problem and was not happy with the result of either. However, I continue to order because of the great prices and because I can revert to getting satisfaction via my credit card company if something goes wrong again.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I just ordered a flashlight mount for my shotty. The black model was out of stock, so they contacted me to see if I wanted an OD one instead. I accepted after they told me that they were out of the closed nearest mount as well. Could be better, but still OK. I ordered from them before and they sent me the wrong mount and did not reply to my emails. Fortunately, it fits most of my flashlights anyway. I think they are hit or miss and try to avoid dealing with them when possible.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Well, it was my first order with them, but I have to be impressed with that turn around time. I don't think that I've ever ordered ANYTHING off of the net and gotten it that fast. Heck, it couldn't have been faster if they were local, unless they decide to drive it out to my house rather than ship it. But I do take your warning seriously. I always pay by credit card, so that if there's a problem, I have recourse. Hopefully, they've gotten their act together, and will do a better overall job in the future. I sure hope so, because their prices on the Glock magazines have me thinking about getting more mags for my other handguns (Flock 19, Glock 26, Beretta 92FS, and my baby, my XD 45.

so far, i've ordered a serpa holster, a flashlight, a couple of knives, and a pair of gloves from them, without a hitch. like i said, some people have had issues with them, but they get a thumbs up from me.

It took 4 months and many emails, phone calls and unkept promises for the CORRECT mags to finally arrive, after they screwed up my order. If I were YOU, I'd run and buy a Lottery Ticket, as you are one lucky guy to get even decent service from Botach, let alone great service.

I have never had an issue but their reputation is far and wide re problems.
    LA Police Gear often has similar merch at nearly the same prices with customer service people who generally try to be helpful.

I ordered a few G19 mags a few months ago. I called to see if the item was in, and placed the order right then. i received the mags a few days later.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Now, I bought them on line Monday night, which was Labor Day, and they arrived at my house 26 hours later. That's incredible! Absolutely fantastic service. I was hoping that they would come by Saturday, to take them to the range, but I never epected them to arrive so quickly. Way to go, guys!
    Wait, so - what now?

You ordered Monday night, a holiday where there's no USPS service. That means the earliest they could have shipped was Tuesday. They're in LA, you're in NV. That makes sense I guess, as long as they shipped within a few hours of opening on Tuesday, but I think that has to be more than 26 hours...

VIP Member
    I've done a lot of business with Botach and usually everything is fine. But then there was my last order with them... what a HUGE pain in the butt. I ended up canceling the order and it took 2 weeks to get my money returned.

If they have a really good sale on something I want, I'll prolly use them again but just know they have made some customers so angry that the will NEVER order from them again.

Buyer beware!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have ordered extra magazines for my G23 from Botach on two separate occasions and never had any problems. Order arrived w/in a week both times. Quick turnaround and great prices will keep me as a customer.

Links